FMAT: a wonderful thing..

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
a wonderful thing..
By The Old Way Traveler - 10-29-2010 04:27 AM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

just wanted to share that i recently attended two days worth of FMA seminars and training that improved my "skills" a thousand fold.. truth-be-told it's one of the best weekends i've ever had with FMA..

last Saturday, i attended a seminar being held here in Arizona by Master Ron Saturno, of Serrada fame... his seminar was about hilot, (acupressure and pressure points) and the applications of it in FMA.. he was explaining how through learning even basic aspects of hilot, one can be a much better striker than someone who does not know.. he said and i quote, "you can be a butcher and that's fine, but wouldn't it be nicer to be a surgeon?" with diagrams and demonstrations on a live person, he showed that by attacking certain "healing points" in the body, one can knockout, disarm, or render someone utterly defenseless.. i was just amazed on Master Ron's speed and accuracy.. later on that seminar, he went through some basic Serrada movements that are proven effective in a situation where you needed to take someone out fast..

Sunday was even more of a surprise for me.. the annual FMA gathering was attended by numerous people of different schools.. something of which i appreciated... we were graced by the presence of Master Sam Buot of Balintawak fame.. he was demonstrating the basic strikes, blocks and counters of Balintawak, an FMA i wanted to learn for some time now.. through patient trial and error i managed to learn some of balintawak's basics and was very satisfied by it.. after a quick lunch, Master Ron Saturno again applied his Serrada knowledge and expertise and demonstrated a variety of blocks and attacks that both simple, yet highly effective.. it was truly a great day...

i can honestly say that i learned alot about FMA those past few days.. Master Ron even said that i was doing well and that i should keep up my pursuit of learning Serrada (i dream of becoming a good Serrada student).. i give thanks to Mike Butz who helped set up these wonderful events (thanks for taking care of my elbow and the hitting lessons), the inayan students that came all the way down from San Jose, thanks for playing with me.. and most of all, everyone who participated in the gathering.. we may all be different, but we were all united that day.. it's a wonderful thing..

James

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions