I'm going to my first one on the 20th.

What should I expect?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm going to my first one on the 20th.

What should I expect?

Hopefully he will show some great prssure points and not that no touch knockout ********. I am sorry but when he does that be a volunteer and see if it works on you. Remember he does know pressure points and joint locks, should be agreat time.

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hopefully he will show some great prssure points and not that no touch knockout ********. I am sorry but when he does that be a volunteer and see if it works on you. Remember he does know pressure points and joint locks, should be agreat time.
If he does the "no touch knockouts" there I'll be first in the uke line!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He has been known to inthe past but I do not know if he still uses those he dose not know.
He has a lot of knowledge and some of his stuff is excellant. I'll be interested in hearing what he is demonstrating these days

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I used to attend his seminars. I didn't learn much about pressure points as it turned out but I got some great grappling interpretations of the kata that really opened my eyes. I left the first one feeling cheated--by my previous instructors!

I stopped going after a seminar several years ago. He had been going downhill, but all the no-touch KOs, color and sound theories, different ways to strike men and women (unless they were homosexual), techniques that didn't work if a person's big toe or tongue was wrongly positioned, etc., left me flat-out embarrassed to be there. I wouldn't risk being seen as being associated with him now.

I'll be curious to hear how your experience was.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I had attended some of his seminars many years ago and also promoted one seminar.
On the good side, I got some interpretations for some of my katas that I hadn't seen before. There were other things that didn't fit into my training plan and now I haven't been to his seminars in years.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been to a couple a long, long time ago but to be honest I was only there to train with Professor Presas so I kind off skipped Dillman's and Wall Jay's presentations as I caught up with the Professor and some other friends.
icon6.gif

astrobiologist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I haven't heard much that's good about Dillman... I've never been to one of his seminars or even met him, but I've heard he's kind of wacko and really only uses the power of suggestion on people who he knows or he knows are susceptible. The whole thing with "...well, most people aren't susceptible to no-touch knockouts", "if one toe is turned up and one is down...", and "if the tongue is up..." it all just seems like a bunch of bunk. I've also heard that he gets mad at the scientists, news people, and other skeptics who he can't knockout with his no-touch stuff.

I feel pretty open minded and I'm a trained objective thinker, so I would let Dillman try his voodoo on me. I'm pretty skeptic, though, so I doubt he would want to do it on me since i've heard that it only works on those who want it to. I really have no interest in ever paying to meet the guy, but good luck to you with the seminar. If you learn anything worthwhile, you should share it on martial talk...

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looking forward to your report Jeff. Very interested to see if he can "no touch" knock you out. If he does knock someone out promise me you will jump up and down yelling "me next! me next!"

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
... maybe he does 'no touch' knock people out. Maybe they just have no memory of the event. If he can 'no touch' knock people out, maybe he's 'no touch' blanking memories. Maybe you've already been 'no touched' and just don't know it.

I'm just messin' around, of course. No matter what, make it a good time ... good luck!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Strangely enough I was talking with an old Dillman student ( pre no touch) yesterday. He was saying how Mr. Dillman changed and his teaching changed over the years. We both agreed that in his early years he was a top notch instructor and that when he added the pressure points to his learning he started to change

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I know my instructor met him a long time ago. He (my instructor) wrote a paper for one of his black belt tests where he talked about pressure points and how they were bonus points, not to be specifically targeted or relied on, but to be considered bonus if they worked, and how they only typically worked on passively resisting subjects. He went on about the physcological effect in training giving false positives when doing a lot of PP work, etc. His organization went berserk and pretty much kicked him out. He got a lot of hate mail from various high ranking black belts telling him he didn't know anything about pressure points and how they actually worked, and even got a few challenges.

Dillman sent him a letter saying his paper was dead on and gave him a lifetime membership to his (dillman's) org.

Apparantly, Dillman changed quite a bit as the years went on though. (Smae thign with some other master level instructors I've met).

howard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
...He (my instructor) wrote a paper for one of his black belt tests where he talked about pressure points... and how they only typically worked on passively resisting subjects...

That is simply incorrect. Pressure point techniques will work on a fully resisting opponent. They have worked on me many times in training when I've been attacking forcefully.

It's a shame that the type of fraud put out by, among others, people who claim to do "no-touch knockouts" has created so much skepticism about the effectiveness of attacking pressure points by using valid techniques.

The day I see a neutral, skeptical person knocked out by a chi ball, I'll believe it... and I suspect I'll die of old age before I do. However, experience tells me that attacking pressure points correctly can be very effective. Please note that I didn't say you can knock people out by touching them with one finger in a certain spot, but you can definitely weaken them significantly for a fraction of a second, making them very vulnerable - which is all you need if you know where to go from there.

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
That is simply incorrect. Pressure point techniques will work on a fully resisting opponent. They have worked on me many times in training when I've been attacking forcefully.
quote]

When you were attacking forcefully, were you going all out? Were you intentionally trying to hurt your opponent? Did you get an adrenaline dump into your system? Were you attacking in non pre-arranged manner? Were you under the influence of alcohol or other drugs at the time? Under non training conditions, those are common conditions an opponent will be in. Simple adrenaline can make most pain compliance techniques useless and then there are some people that simply have high pain threshholds. Other people respond differently to pain stimuli. What makes one person gasp and cry, makes another person bite and punch.

The Indiana Law Enforcement Academy and PPCT training courses disagree with the use of pressure points on actively resisting subjects unless multiple officers can restrain the subject prior to the use of PP control tactics. The use of pressure points is considered soft empty hands work, suitable to be used on passively resisting opponents as pain compliance techniques. The use of such points on an actively resisting subject is virtually impossible due to the control needed to properly apply said PP's. Even on passively resisting subjects, the success rate for the PP control tactics is low enough that most officers don't try to use them.

As always, YMMV

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, the seminar was yesterday. I'll do a full review of it tomorrow in my blog. For now, let it suffice to say it's an area of martial training I won't be pursuing.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, the seminar was yesterday. I'll do a full review of it tomorrow in my blog. For now, let it suffice to say it's an area of martial training I won't be pursuing.

So you was not impress, go figure. Looking forward to your review.

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here is my review in my blog. Got it done a bit earlier than I thought I would.

Latest Discussions