Firefox 3.0

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I downloaded the new Firefox version a few days ago and like it alot. However, when I try to bookmark and new page I can't choose from any of my existing folders. They just don't show up. I either have to create a new one or put in the regular menu. Is it a burp in my download? Am I missing something?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I downloaded the new Firefox version a few days ago and like it alot. However, when I try to bookmark and new page I can't choose from any of my existing folders. They just don't show up. I either have to create a new one or put in the regular menu. Is it a burp in my download? Am I missing something?

Me thinks you have to reload your bookmarks from somewhere off your hard-drive ... Firefox lost all my original bookmarks when it switched over to a higher upgrade :angry: and I basically had to start all over. :miffer:
That reminds me I'd better back up present bookmarks before I move up again. :rolleyes:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Mine imported just fine, and when I choose "bookmark this page" I get a pop-up box with a drop-down that says "bookmarks menu" - when I click the down arrow, I get "unsorted bookmarks", "bookmarks menu", "bookmarks toolbar", a section separator, and "choose". Clicking on "choose" expands teh "bookmarks menu" and all of my folders are there.

Me thinks you have to reload your bookmarks from somewhere off your hard-drive ... Firefox lost all my original bookmarks when it switched over to a higher upgrade :angry: and I basically had to start all over. :miffer:
That reminds me I'd better back up present bookmarks before I move up again. :rolleyes:

All of my bookmarks imported fine... sorry you're having trouble. Although I did back them up first just in case.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Firefox and Netscape store bookmarks in a single file. Try using the search function to track it down. Look for bookmarks.html

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine imported just fine, and when I choose "bookmark this page" I get a pop-up box with a drop-down that says "bookmarks menu" - when I click the down arrow, I get "unsorted bookmarks", "bookmarks menu", "bookmarks toolbar", a section separator, and "choose". Clicking on "choose" expands teh "bookmarks menu" and all of my folders are there.

All of my bookmarks imported fine... sorry you're having trouble. Although I did back them up first just in case.
I switched over, and didn't have a problem either. All my bookmarks were there, and I've added a few new ones since, even reshuffled the order of a few.

Did you use the "idiot level" automatic install, or custom? If custom, maybe you missed a check box?

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

That's it! Feeling stupid. I had to double clicck the "bookmarks menu" folder. heh

All my original bookmarks are there, I just couldn't find my folders to add new ones.

It's all good now. Thanks guys! :)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I haven't upgraded yet for fear this'll bite me! Sounds like it's OK for most peopel though.

Latest Discussions