Filling a heavy bag

xjrrrdx

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering what the proper filling would be for a standard banana bag. I got an unfilled bag for christmas and I am not sure what to use. The local MA supply store suggested I go to the goodwill and fill it up with shirts and such.

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I filled one with some spray-in type insulation from Lowe's. It comes in a square, plastic covered, blue & white bail and it is allergy free, itch free, etc. It says R-19 R-25 R R-30 on the side. The stuff packs good too and makes the bag nice and firm. I also added some lose sand to the mix to give it some weight (not much though). I also filled one with old rags and clothes, it was okay but, the other was better.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
thaistyle, do you mean the blown in type? the spray stuff expands and gets quite hard, not to mention the mess involved.

I would agree with the blown in stuff 100%. Best stuff for being non-itch is named "Insul-safe" , man you can roll in that and not itch even if it is 90 degrees outside when you do it. I would also lean toward adding sand to the bag because the insulation is quite light, play sand or sand-blasting sand can be picked up while at Lowes or Home Depot and it is washed, clean and won't "clump" up on you.

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, the blow in type. I forgot to mention that. Works great!!!

Latest Discussions