Few techniques to beat many...

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have not had problems with grapplers- ditto for my best students or my sihings.

You know who just repeats his eclectic generalizations. His biu gee is awful.
He has already said that he does not do much chi sao. GOOD chi sao gives the skills in handling any touch.

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
In my training I've found that a lot of W.C applications are closer to grappling than striking.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
In my training I've found that a lot of W.C applications are closer to grappling than striking.

Wing Chun is a close range fighting method. How can you NOT be grappling when you are in that close? ;-)

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wing Chun is a close range fighting method. How can you NOT be grappling when you are in that close? ;-)

Exactly. WC, like all other CMA has 4 components: kicking, punching, throwing and chin na.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
B-b-but muh chainpunches!

If you understand that you should never pull back your punching hand without grabbing anything back, you have already crossed that boundary between striking and grappling.

Try not to think a punch is just a punch. A punch can be more than a punch. The chain punches can work well in the stand up game. It can also work well when you are on top of your opponent in the ground game.

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
True- and if you develop good wingchun live structural awareness and short power- close quarters is home.

Latest Discussions