Fellow Jin Jung Kwan students/teachers?

Royers

White Belt
Reaction score
Are there any others on the board here that are affiliated with Jin Jung Kwan out there? Our kwan seems to be a little underrepresented here.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
All Kwans seem to be under-represented here. I studied Soong Moo Kwan. Ours may be similar, but I don't know. Where did/do you study?

Anyway, welcome to MT and this forum.

OP
Royers

Royers

White Belt
Reaction score
I study with an organization called Hapkido USA, in SW Missouri. GM Kim Myung Yong who founded Jin Jung Kwan was a student of Dojunim Ji Han Jae, and started the kwan with the intention of teaching just as he was taught by Doju Ji.

Yomi

White Belt
Reaction score
My husband is a Jin Jung Kwan instructor, as well as a member of the American Korean Martial Arts Federation (AKMAF), in San Antonio, TX. He is a Second Dan Blackbelt and trained under GM Rhoades, President of Jin Jung Kwan Hapkido-USA, Inc. He still goes up to MO for instructor trainings. He is also a franchise owner and will hopefully be opening a school here within the next year. He isn't registered on here, but may be found via the JJK Hapkido-USA Inc. website. Www.hapkido-usa.com.

Best of luck to you Royers; enjoy your training.

OP
Royers

Royers

White Belt
Reaction score
Nice to make your acquaintance. We are familiar with your schoolsince our instructor is a student of GM Rhodes as well. We took vacation last summer and were gonna get with our instructor to make a call to see if we could drop in for a class and make sure it was oksince we were gonna go to SA, being that everyone is in the same org we didn't figure it'd be a problem. We ended up going somewhere else though. Good luck to you guys and hope to see you in Wentzville sometime.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions