Feedback for AIKIA, Independent TKD

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
A

Aikia

I had intended to go back and edit out any potential advertisemet but was unable to do so. I regret that this thread turned into a debate about adding skills to the art of TKD, rank identification etc. I can see that the issue is emotionlaly charged. My intent was to simply to identify organization problem areas not to recruit or advertise. It was difficult to keep comments on the subject. I often got off topic in order to answer questions. I regret that anyone was offended. This was my first visit to the TKD section. I should have done more observation first before opening a thread. The concept of the forum is interesting in that you actually have little or no details regarding the person providing comments. I noticed that some volunteered that they were not in TKD. Everyone has an equal voice, though some apparently have made friends who back up the posts. I'll return, but primarily as a reader. I certainly hope that this will be the end of this thread.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aikia said:
The concept of the forum is interesting in that you actually have little or no details regarding the person providing comments. I noticed that some volunteered that they were not in TKD. Everyone has an equal voice, though some apparently have made friends who back up the posts. I'll return, but primarily as a reader. I certainly hope that this will be the end of this thread.
That's what you get on the internet. Privacy and anonymity. For all everyone knows, I could really be 70 year old 8th dan and I just wanted to come here and see if anybody was talking about me. For all we know you, AIKIA, could be a white belt with 2 weeks experience. You have to take what you get on the internet with a grain of salt. Either way, attacking peoples credentials, one way or the other, by anyone...is not the best way to get some good discussion going.

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Jerry,

Bignick is correct. This what you get in the Internet. People may or may not be who they say they are. I am, because I believe in being a person of integrity. You don't need to know everything about me, but everything I stated about myself is truthful. Not everyone probably is. That's the way it goes.
Another thing. Perhaps in your world, where exposure counts, and success is measured in how many magazine covers you get on and who you know, nobody ever criticizes anybody else for fear of not being part of the "in" crowd. But in the real world and in these forums, you better be prepared to deal with criticisms about your background, credentials, methods, and whatever else. I am. I will always answer questions and defend criticisms, even from people I disagree with.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Disco said:
I've sat and watched and even made a small post way back towards the beginning on cross training. I said up front that the reason this thread was started was for promotional purposes. Why would someone, who has never been on this site prior, openly asked for feedback on his organization? Was there any discussions of any kind ongoing relating to the AIKIA? Why would there be a need to find out why people have left or were not interested in the first place, if it was not self promoting.

To be fair, I do remember another member of his org posting here shortly before feedback was asked for. (Can't remember his MT ID offhand, but he posted his "cirriculim vitae" in the years/rank thread Tigerwoman started.) I wouldn't be surprised if he really was asked to visit the forum by that student.

OP
A

Aikia

Since this seems to be the thread that never ends let me state that my credentials are of the highest order and open for all to see. There are reportedly over 7 million martial arts practitioners. Only a handfull will be inducted in to the Black Belt Magazine Hall of Fame. Yes there are many HOF's but only one original BB Magazine. And yes you can downplay it.
When I first posted on Martialtalk I received several PMs, One asking if it was actually me. Others asking why I would submit to a forum. I can see that there are turf battels going on. And perhaps for that reason there are few high dans posting. I am use to criticism. Remember I have been a college professor for many years. College students always question authority.
The first lesson in martial arts is courtesy. While my motive was to share knowledge I quickly have discovered that I have entered without approval your clearly staked territory. I will be courteous and leave. Please show me the same courtesy and let this thread end.

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Jerry,

Threads end either when nobody is interested in them any longer or when the EM's (evil mods:rolleyes: ) end them. They tend not to end because the person who started them wants them to end. Remember, this is not a classroom you are in charge of. Threads continue with or without the participation of the original starter.

OP
A

Aikia

Michigan,
You have been disrectful to me several times on this thread. As it turns out you are quite the paper tiger all growl, no bite. You are of course refering to my PM to invite you at my expense to Karate College to show your stuff. I would not be supprised if you are an imposter, pretending to be a dan holder. You complain a lot but what have you contributed? You lack honor.

GEORGE BUSH IS MY PRESIDENT.Get over it.

I invite those who have contacted me to join in.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Dr. Beasley

Unfortunatly, sometimes a threads starts and takes on a life all its own. With the energy (controversy) it would be hard just to stop on a dime. Ironically, you wanted feedback? well, here it is!

You are of course refering to my PM to invite you at my expense to Karate College to show your stuff.
I was scanning the past threads and I can not find where this was being referred to. IMHO, I don't think MichTKD has been disrespectful, maybe not exactly compliant.
remember, you can lead a horse to water.......
Todd

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thread Locked Pending Administration Team Review

Rich Parsons
Martial Talk
Super Moderator

Status