• Hugs and Holds

• Locks and Chokes

• Weapons

• Multiple Attacks

Results are only viewable after voting.

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well it looks like I turned up rather late for this party, but oh well...

I voted for grabs and tackles (although I love working on them all), but it could just as well have been bear hugs.
The reason for this is I hail from an area of former coal miners / steel workers, where at 6ft2 and 220 lbs I am thought of as skinny.
This special breed of predator is widely known as "The neanderthal" :feedtroll and it's most instantly recognisable trait is it's habit of grabbing hold of it's prey with the intention of shaking it to death, burying it's cranium in said prey's proboscis, or pulverising the prey with it's hammer-like clubs-for-hands (by the way, a headbutt might be ugly, but ask anyone who has been on the recieving end of a "Glasgow Kiss" and I am sure they will testify to it's effectiveness):erg:
With that in mind, as soon as I saw techniques such as lone kimono, striking the serpents head and tripping arrow etc. I was bit by the Kenpo bug.

OP
G

getgoin

I don't think I would like defend against any attacks in a real life stituation, someone will always be hurt. But with that said I would have to favor grabs. I train with the mindset that if someone has grabbed you they have given something of themselves to me and have taken away a weapon they could use against me.

But as far as training goes I would take the one I am worst at, kicks. I am short (5'6") and I have to train hard to work at closing the distance, I have found that I have the hardest time against a quality and mobile kicker who is better at controlling the distance.

Latest Discussions