Favorite Compact handgun...

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
arnisandyz said:
The only possible use I see for one of those would be to have a way to render the weapon inoperable while still keeping it loaded--home defense gun with kids around, etc. (and I feel there are better methods of doing this). For anything else, I think it's unsafe to the point of negligence. Why? because safe gunhandling dictates keeping the finger off the trigger/out of the trigger-guard until the weapon is "on-target" and you are prepared to fire. I don't want to be messing around trying to knock this thing out from behind the trigger in a stressful situation. This is especially true considering you may be moving, fighting off your attacker with your free hand while deploying the weapon, etc.

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
I was a big fan of the glock 19. Not too big and would fit perfect in a rig that i had in a pair of cargo pants. It was good fun when you went hiking knowing that you had protection in the middle of nowhere and nobody was the wiser. I dont know if cargo pant pocket is considered a pocket size for a pistol... but it worked for me :D

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
kenpotex said:
Just out of curiosity, is this the way you carry or do you use a pocket holster? If you use a pocket holster you would still be able to keep a round in the chamber.
Normally, I use a Serpa retention holster on my belt, with a Glock 22C (my duty weapon). However, on occassion I chunk my G27 in the zip up pocket of my coat and head out the door. In that event, it's free moving the zippered pocket, so I keep a full magazine and an empty chamber. Not the most ideal way to carry, but again, it's better than leaving it at home. Besides, once I retrieve it from my pocket, I can chamber in a fraction of a second.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
Normally, I use a Serpa retention holster on my belt, with a Glock 22C (my duty weapon). However, on occassion I chunk my G27 in the zip up pocket of my coat and head out the door. In that event, it's free moving the zippered pocket, so I keep a full magazine and an empty chamber. Not the most ideal way to carry, but again, it's better than leaving it at home. Besides, once I retrieve it from my pocket, I can chamber in a fraction of a second.
works for me...:)

Latest Discussions