Favorite boxing gloves?

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm wondering what everyone's favorite gloves are.

I'm a big fan of Reyes, but I'm leaning toward Winning gloves from Japan to protect my hands better.

What have you used that you like?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fairtex, they do small ones which are perfect for me! Mine are a great colour too...mauve!
The men all use Fairtex too, some have great designs on, flames etc but the best thing is their durability.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have had a dozen different kinds but I am partial to Ringside as well. Fairtex makes some nice ones too.
icon6.gif

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have been using Ringside for over 20 years andI think I will continue for a while longer. I have a few others that I like(Title, Reyes, Fairtex), but I am partial to my Ringside.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've had a few pairs of Ringside over the years. I must say they were decent gloves.

I've wondered about Fairtex, Windy, & Twins for awhile, also.

Reyes are great for fights because of there being less padding in the knuckles. For training, I really need to protect my old hands. If I did more boxing sparring, I'd spend the $$ on Winning gloves. They talk about their great hand protection.

dungeonworks

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ringside here too. I have had these for almost 10 years and have put many many many rounds on the heavy bag. The foam inside still feels brand new and they are ultra cozy on the hands if you wrap. I think mine are 12 oz.

For sparring, I really like these. GREAT durability. Mine a little different in visual asthetics, but the same glove. I also use their head gear. Great cut protection around the eyes without impeding vision, and it fit my big ol' head nicely.

Ronin74

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Real men don't use gloves, therefore I have no idea... lol, j/k.

I haven't had a pair in some time, but when I was doing MT and Boxing, I used Ringside brand gloves made for sparring (I can't remember if they were regualr, int'l or mexican, but they had the hook & loop cuff); and when it came to working the bags and the focus mitts/pads, I used Ringside's weighted bag gloves. Although I've had to put a very long pause in my training, the gloves are still in great condition.

Latest Discussions