Fast Food: Ads vs reality

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A little comparisson between the way things look in ads vs the way they look when the paper wrapper comes off:

Each item was purchased, taken home, and photographed immediately. Nothing was tampered with, run over by a car, or anything of the sort. It is an accurate representation in every case. Shiny, neon-orange, liquefied pump-cheese, and all.

http://www.thewvsr.com/adsvsreality.htm

Well, yeah... I mean.

The Ones on the Left were constructed by a 100k+ a year Marketing agent with unlimited time to get it right,

The ones on the right were constructed by a 5.25 an hour kid whos manager fires him if he takes longer than a minute to put together 10 of em.

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out which one is gonna look better.

odds are good there is nothing even edible in the ones on the left. The ones on the right are debatable as to whether or not they are edible :D

I have to say that the Big Macs and Whoppers we get down here look somewhat more like the supermodel versions than the reality versions. Don't know why though.

odds are good there is nothing even edible in the ones on the left. The ones on the right are debatable as to whether or not they are edible :D
I remember a television report on this years ago and they admitted to using paint, oil, plastic shreds, shellac, sponges instead of bun bottoms, plastic food, etcetera for the fotos.

I remember a television report on this years ago and they admitted to using paint, oil, plastic shreds, shellac, sponges instead of bun bottoms, plastic food, etcetera for the fotos.

mmmmm....roughage! :uhyeah:

Andrew Green said:

Yes, it's true. One of my neighbors works for a large firm that takes the photos for ads. He gave us a tour of the place last summer, including the "kitchen" where such things are concocted. Trust me, you can't eat 'em.

While there may or not be something good in the ones on the right, it certainly ain't good for you.

Here's the nutriscoop on all:

Attachments

• $Big Mac.jpg
    $Big Mac.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 133
  • $Croissanwich.jpg
    $Croissanwich.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 122
  • $Famous Bowl.jpg
    $Famous Bowl.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 156
  • $Filet.jpg
    $Filet.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 132
  • $McMuffin.jpg
    $McMuffin.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 129
  • $Nachos.jpg
    $Nachos.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 146
  • $Taco Salad.jpg
    $Taco Salad.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 117
  • $whopper.jpg
    $whopper.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 148
How about that huge Burger King "Enormous Omlette" or whatever it's called? That has to be close to the most unhealthy thing you can get in one of these places. Or, maybe that Hardee's Monster Thickburger

I need to try one of those before they ban it! :lol:

Everybody want pretty to the eyes but in reality it is just thrown together for the masses.

wow. a McMuffin can be a cardiac arrest in a wrapper!

Interestingly enough, I've got a few inquiries to go shoot food pics. lol

smoke used for steam
white glue instead of milk
shaving creme not whipped creme
varnish and shoe polish for gravy
lets not forget motor oil, dry ice, Glycerin, glue, etc.

yum o yum!

Back