extendable batons

S

Stick Dummy

Whining about price???

Whats your life/personal safety worth?

I teach ASP and can tell you from a number of class experiences, if you buy anything other than ASP or Monadnock, they will bend or break. Then its time to spend MORE money and personal time re-purchasing another one.

I use the "lightweight" ASP aluminum variations (FA-16/21/26 for both classroom and technique bagwork), neither have EVER failed, or bent. In fact my preference is the lightweights, for deployment & striking speed over the steel models. But then again I'm a spindley leetle guy barely larger than the baton.

Good Luck with Canadian regulations, they are at least as bad as Massachusetts.......... :barf:

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is a federal offense to import any device, implement or weapon that is in contravention of the Canadian Criminla code. Penatlies for such can include imprisonment or fines up to $10 000.00

Find a legal way through the morass to obtaining your ASP.

DoxN4cer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
I should state I am not suggesting (I understand it reads that way) that anyone carry any weapon under false pretenses or illegally. Do understand the legal ramifications of carriage and use of any weapon you carry. Carry your certification with you whenever you have the weapon with you (duh).

As for how I was certified, I attended a certification training class in EB-I by an EB certified instructor whose identity is none of your business, and I live in Washington State...

I'm curious. Does your certification carry any legal weight in terms of allowing you to carry such a tool in accordance with state and/or local law? Like what darnis said; regardless of any private certification, having that document on your person may not be enough to get you out of a concealed weapon charge. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying be careful.

r/

Tim Kashino

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do not like to reveal all that I carry and what I do not carry. Thanks for your concern and I am aware of the danger of illegal weapons carriage.

Did I say that enough times?

I am aware of the danger of illegal weapons carriage and I do not recommend anyone carry any weapon under false or illegal pretenses.

BTW - educate yourself in the laws in your country/state regarding weapons carriage so you can understand the ramifications of carrying any sharp, pointy object, blunt object, high-heeled shoe, brick, anvil, adz, sai, etcetera.

Remember to check your laws.

DoxN4cer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I did a little research... Washington has some rather relaxed laws on the books; especially compared to CA and NY. NY, BTW, spells it out in terms of what you would be justfied to do under specific circumstances.

I'm considering a change in reseidency.

Tim Kashino

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If I came off as harsh, I apologize. I really don't like getting too specific about weapons I may or may not carry - just a personal preference. I did state that I am aware of the laws in WA and encourage everyone to research their local laws as well. I don't like being pushed or questioned on this topic because I think carriage is a personal thing, so I will refrain from posting further on this thread.

Thanks.

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've got an ASP and the fit, finish and durability are excellent. I do hope the laws become a little more lax on these items, because they're a heck of a lot less lethal than firearms or knives but still quite an effective force multiplier. I find it ironic that it's harder to get a carry permit for this and other types of less-lethal weapons than a handgun.

DoxN4cer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I perfer the "airweight" ASP products myself. It allows for better control. Some might argue that they don't pack the whollup of a standard ASP baton, but trust me getting hit with any piece of metal doesn't tickle.

r/

Tim Kashino

OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
DoxN4cer said:
Some might argue that they don't pack the whollup of a standard ASP baton, but trust me getting hit with any piece of metal doesn't tickle.
The ability to strike with greater frequency makes up for that though, yeah?

Latest Discussions