Expert opinion request

Zephyor

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi... i was looking for material i could study to get a better grip on muay thai and i found this pdf manual
http://workout.ba/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/MuayThai-book.pdf
Is this manual, so to call it teaching good stuff? Can somone learn anything useful from there?
Please state your own position and if u can, a small review. I will appreciate it
Ty in advance!
Best regards,
Zephyor

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Is it teaching good stuff?
Probably.
Can someone learn anything useful from there?
Sure.

Is it going to do YOU any good? I don't know. But you could take the following steps to ensure your success.

Step 1. I guess it's your job to study all 277 pages diligently for a couple years.

Step 2. Then go find some Muay Thai guys, fight with them and see how you do.

OR - If pressed for time, you could just skip Step 1.

OP
Zephyor

Zephyor

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I think ill skip step 1 ;) TY!
It's nice to find such a neat comunity

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi... i was looking for material i could study to get a better grip on muay thai and i found this pdf manual
http://workout.ba/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/MuayThai-book.pdf
Is this manual, so to call it teaching good stuff? Can somone learn anything useful from there?
Please state your own position and if u can, a small review. I will appreciate it
Ty in advance!
Best regards,
Zephyor
I know little of Muay Thai, but as a general concept, books and such (even if fantastic) are only useful once you have started gaining an understanding of the art. I'll use as an example Ratti and Westerbrook's* seminal work Aikido and the Dynamic Sphere. I can get a lot out of the well-drawn sequences and the descriptions because I study and teach an art with very similar principles. If I had tried to use this as a guide before I started studying a similar art, or even a year into the similar art, it wouldn't have been useful, at all.

So, the manual in question may be very useful. But it is unlikely to be such until after you've started to grasp the basics of Muay Thai through training in Muay Thai.

* My apologies for any misspellings - I am too lazy to walk downstairs and look on the cover.

Latest Discussions