Exchange Shaolin for Ninjutsu

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
masaaki hatsumi who is this guy and what does he think he is doing selling instructional dvds,is he serious? masaaki hatsumi dvd - Google 搜尋

Child. They are not instructional DVDs. They are reference material intended for usage by people who already know what they're doing… and are full of issues if used for instruction (incorrect kata, mistakes [deliberate] in performance, unrelated material slipped in, and more).

Seriously, not all martial art DVDs are "instructional"… most aren't. The fact that you are unaware of this doesn't bode well for you.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm actually a big fan of instructional videos - but as a supplement to hands-on instruction, not a substitute.

As far as Hatsumi's videos, I agree with Chris. They're pretty worthless for instructional purposes.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No I live in Henan Songshan mountains aka Shaolin temple[ever heard of it?], been in China for the past 9 years.and have trained in martial arts for 30 years. I am offering online training, in the same way many other masters are.
Never heard of it. Is it in South Dakota somewhere?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have never meant a person from Shaolin, that got as angry as you are.... and the threats are very much out of character for Shaolin.

This young whpiper snapper is going to cripple someone.

And that sounds like a threat

Master Ren Guang-Yi,yeah he is not a top master in his style is he,try harder guys your troll fu is not good enough.

Based on your angry responses (large, bolded font) and your 9 years in China at Shaolin have taught you little....and you sir are no Ren Guangyi

I have talked with Ren Guang-Yi and he is a top master, senior student of Chen Xiaowang, trained at Chen Jiagou, and has been teaching taijiquan or about 25 years, and he sells DVDs, but he does not plan on any of it being distance learning like you are offering. He also would not get as hostile as you appear to be getting if someone questioned him.

Also talked with Zhou Xuan Yun who is out of Wudang. He offers DVDs for training, but would prefer that you come to classes. HE also offers distance learning, but it is small groups, videos are needed and you need to be online at specific times to have him discuss your progress with you. Do I like his program, nope, it is probably not to bad as far as distance learning goes, but it is still no where near as good as it would be to go train with him in person. Is he doing it out od a great desire to spread what he knows. likely not, it is however a great way to make money. But again, he likely would not care what I say and even if I said it to him in person, I doubt he would get angry about it.

There are a lot of people out there offering DVD training, my first sifu is one of them. Does that make it good training, nope. But those offering it frankly do not much care what people think.

I have dealt with a lot of Chinese people and had several Chinese martial arts teachers (trained in China) and after 9 years in China at Shaolin one would think you would take this better than you have.

Master Wiz Cool c, a word of advice, threats will get you banned here.....

You may also want to read this
Thich Nhat Hanh on Loosening the Knots of Anger

Last edited:
OP
wiz cool c

wiz cool c

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Who is this Shoto Tanemura fella, and what does he think he is doing selling these instructional dvds,certainly he is not a leading authority in his field;] Samurai Jujutsu 7 DVD Set by Shoto Tanemura

And who is this Hatsumi character I keep hearing about, and why is he scamming all these innocent people, certainly HE is not a leading authority in his field either;] queststation.com

And who is this Steven Hayse chartactor, and why is he trying to teach people through dvds? Certainly he is not the leading authority of nijutsu in the western world;]To-Shin Do 12-DVD Black Belt Course | Ninja Self Defense

O wait a minute I have heard of all of them they are the best in their martial art fields, and they are teaching through dvds. And well myself being a guy that has done martial arts 30 years been living in china about 9 years now, and live in henan aka the shaolin temple, kind makes me a western leading authority at shaolin kung fu and hard qi gong. And wait I haven’t heard of any of you complainers here. Wonder why that is;]

Just to refresh you memory let me show you who I am[not selling anything mr moderator]just linking my page about me here

OP
wiz cool c

wiz cool c

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have never meant a person from Shaolin, that got as angry as you are.... and the threats are very much out of character for Shaolin.

And that sounds like a threat

Based on your angry responses (large, bolded font) and your 9 years in China at Shaolin have taught you little....and you sir are no Ren Guangyi

I have talked with Ren Guang-Yi and he is a top master, senior student of Chen Xiaowang, trained at Chen Jiagou, and has been teaching taijiquan or about 25 years, and he sells DVDs, but he does not plan on any of it being distance learning like you are offering. He also would not get as hostile as you appear to be getting if someone questioned him.

Also talked with Zhou Xuan Yun who is out of Wudang. He offers DVDs for training, but would prefer that you come to classes. HE also offers distance learning, but it is small groups, videos are needed and you need to be online at specific times to have him discuss your progress with you. Do I like his program, nope, it is probably not to bad as far as distance learning goes, but it is still no where near as good as it would be to go train with him in person. Is he doing it out od a great desire to spread what he knows. likely not, it is however a great way to make money. But again, he likely would not care what I say and even if I said it to him in person, I doubt he would get angry about it.

There are a lot of people out there offering DVD training, my first sifu is one of them. Does that make it good training, nope. But those offering it frankly do not much care what people think.

I have dealt with a lot of Chinese people and had several Chinese martial arts teachers (trained in China) and after 9 years in China at Shaolin one would think you would take this better than you have.

Master Wiz Cool c, a word of advice, threats will get you banned here.....

You may also want to read this
Thich Nhat Hanh on Loosening the Knots of Anger
you think i am reading all that s*%$ your crazy;]

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've recently been considering making online instruction videos for the making of Yorkshire Puddings. I have been making them for several years and I've lived in Yorkshire for 30 odd years so am qualified to teach. If anyone wants to learn how to make and serve these delicious treats you can swap making them how non Yorkshire people make them and I'll show you how to really do it. It might surprise you that they aren't what you think they are.
I understand that all non Yorkshire folk are jealous, bitter and twisted at not knowing how to make and serve Yorkshire puddings correctly, I may have to SHOUT LOUDLY at you so you understand I am simply the best at teaching the art that eludes so many. Swap your inferior attempts now! We aren't short on controversy too, does one serve them only with roast beef or at any meal! And can also one serve it as a sweet dish? these arguments have drawn blood I might add.

This is another another tongue in cheek production brought to you by the Ilkley Moor Baht'at Wheel Tappers and Shunters Club. ( videos available to teach the world how to be more Yorkshire)

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've recently been considering making online instruction videos for the making of Yorkshire Puddings. I have been making them for several years and I've lived in Yorkshire for 30 odd years so am qualified to teach. If anyone wants to learn how to make and serve these delicious treats you can swap making them how non Yorkshire people make them and I'll show you how to really do it. It might surprise you that they aren't what you think they are.
I understand that all non Yorkshire folk are jealous, bitter and twisted at not knowing how to make and serve Yorkshire puddings correctly, I may have to SHOUT LOUDLY at you so you understand I am simply the best at teaching the art that eludes so many. Swap your inferior attempts now! We aren't short on controversy too, does one serve them only with roast beef or at any meal! And can also one serve it as a sweet dish? these arguments have drawn blood I might add.

I for one certianly know what a Yorkshire pud made by a Yorkshire women tastes like. All the peas in middle soaked in gloopy gravy.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I for one certianly know what a Yorkshire pud made by a Yorkshire women tastes like. All the peas in middle soaked in gloopy gravy.

Lol! When I fist went to my in laws they served up Yorkshire Pudding the traditional way, one big stodgy one on a plate as a first course, no peas just the pudding and gravy! I made the mistake ( as a soft Southerner) of saying that we put jam or syrup on and have it as a sweet, well they never spoke to be again ( though actually that was a religious thing lol)

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to take a wager on wiz cool c's longevity here?
Nah...I'd bet she's already put her ego into her little red wagon with the rest of her toys, and gone back to Shaolin.....
upload_2016-1-10_11-28-24.png

littleredwagon.jpg

Buh-bye!
upload_2016-1-10_11-32-53.png

kuniggety

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
just to remind you of who i am and why you are all so bitter and jealous, maybe cause i am living the dream you wish you were WHO IS CHRIS - Shaolin Training in Songshan Mountains of The Shaolin Temple [not selling anything MR moderator,

it is just a bio page Mr Moderator Sir,is that ok masser?

I am happy for you that you are living your dream. I wish that upon everyone. Your dream is not everyone's, however.

Not to be condescending but it's hard to believe you're an American (your bio said you grew up in NJ). I've met varying levels of educated people but your grasp of the English language is atrocious.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not to be condescending but it's hard to believe you're an American (your bio said you grew up in NJ). I've met varying levels of educated people but your grasp of the English language is atrocious.
That's the giveaway: he's an American. That, and his abraisive qualities. Makes me embarrassed to also be an American.

EWBell

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Who is this Shoto Tanemura fella, and what does he think he is doing selling these instructional dvds,certainly he is not a leading authority in his field;] Samurai Jujutsu 7 DVD Set by Shoto Tanemura

Regardless of what the description says, you aren't taught how to do any of it....the techniques are demonstrated. Unless you're already training it, then you'll be lost. Too many fine points that take one on one instruction, and you can't get that from video. The videos have deliberate mistakes in them, as many of the techniques are taught differently to real students. One thing to note on the Panther videos...they are not considered official, and Tanemura Soke does not promote them in any way. I enjoy viewing them, but then again I'm in the Genbukan, and have been taught it for real. I see it as nothing more than a demonstration for people who are not in the Genbukan.

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score

And who is this Hatsumi character I keep hearing about, and why is he scamming all these innocent people, certainly HE is not a leading authority in his field either;] queststation.com

And who is this Steven Hayse chartactor, and why is he trying to teach people through dvds? Certainly he is not the leading authority of nijutsu in the western world;]To-Shin Do 12-DVD Black Belt Course | Ninja Self Defense

O wait a minute I have heard of all of them they are the best in their martial art fields, and they are teaching through dvds. And well myself being a guy that has done martial arts 30 years been living in china about 9 years now, and live in henan aka the shaolin temple, kind makes me a western leading authority at shaolin kung fu and hard qi gong. And wait I haven’t heard of any of you complainers here. Wonder why that is;]

Just to refresh you memory let me show you who I am[not selling anything mr moderator]just linking my page about me here

What part of "they are supplemental materials meant for students in their organizations" do you not understand?

Latest Discussions