Exchange Shaolin for Ninjutsu

wiz cool c

Orange Belt
Reaction score
5.jpg

Anyone Godans or higher here want to exchange Shaolin and Shaolin Hard Qi Gong/iron fist for advanced Bujinkan training. This would have to be an online exchange. I reached Shodan over a decade ago and quit training in Bujinkan due to disagreements with the way the organization is run. I have been living in china for the past 8 years [I am certified in Shaolin and Shaolin iron hand and hard Qi Gong]. This would have to be an online exchange obviously. PM me if anyone ranked Godan or higher is interested.

cypher

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What is hard Qi Gong? I thought it was primarily soft energy work?

OP
wiz cool c

wiz cool c

Orange Belt
Reaction score
hard qi gong are a series of exercises that involve breathing and qi work along with tough body conditioning. to give a clearer explanation, some drills involve dynamic tension type movements along with special breathing, some involve hitting the body with your fist also while doing special breathing, some involve pressing or hitting the body against objects again while using special breathing. these exercises are used to strengthens and toughen up the body for contact. they are always balanced with soft breathing, moving and massaging type of drills.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
View attachment 19677
Anyone Godans or higher here want to exchange Shaolin and Shaolin Hard Qi Gong/iron fist for advanced Bujinkan training. This would have to be an online exchange. I reached Shodan over a decade ago and quit training in Bujinkan due to disagreements with the way the organization is run. I have been living in china for the past 8 years [I am certified in Shaolin and Shaolin iron hand and hard Qi Gong]. This would have to be an online exchange obviously. PM me if anyone ranked Godan or higher is interested.

Is this a serious question?

OP
wiz cool c

wiz cool c

Orange Belt
Reaction score
this is serious and i have done martial art for 30 years last 8 or 9 years living in china. I trained in bujinkan for about 7 years through the 90s and got a shodan,you are free to check out my website.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How would you teach someone Shaolin Qi Gong or Bujinkan over the internet? Especially once you reach the more advanced stages.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Why Godan?

Shodan is 1st, Godan is 5th. Or at least that is this CMA guys poor understanding of the ranking system

And Iron fist training...online....sorry no...that is potentially crippling

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There is a disturbing trend for people to post up 'how to videos' which are dangerous, one I have in mind is teaching young girls anxious to be ballet dancers to go en pointe. Girls as young as ten are 'teaching' themselves to go on their points, a process which is normally very carefully and painstakingly taught by qualified and experienced teachers. I don't really know much about Iron Fist but I certainly deplore this trend to teach yourself via videos.
On Their Toes and Asking for Trouble, Self-Taught Ballerinas Go Online

OP
wiz cool c

wiz cool c

Orange Belt
Reaction score
you can ask richard van dunk and the gracies how internet teaching is done

You guys continue to live your mediocre lives,[the great will always soar above the medium, they create while others destroy].i will be unwatching this thread ,so bicker amongst yourselves

Last edited:

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why Godan?

Shodan is 1st, Godan is 5th. Or at least that is this CMA guys poor understanding of the ranking system

Hey, Xue, as "wiz cool c" is unwatching his own thread (ha!), I might as well explain where his bizarre logic comes from…

In the Bujinkan, Godan is considered the entry point rank for being an official teacher (Shidoshi). You can teach under the direction of a Shidoshi prior to that, but only Godan and higher are considered to be actual teachers. In other organisations, the entry rank is different, of course…

Thing is, a Godan in the Bujinkan could just as easily be someone with only a couple of years training (if that!), and little in the way of knowledge, understanding, skill, or anything else… or could be a dedicated, skilful, knowledgable and experienced practitioner heading into counting their time in decades rather than years… and there's no way to tell which you have based purely on rank. What's certain, though, is that Godan is not "advanced" in and of itself… by the official standards of the Bujinkan, the "advanced" teachers (Shihan) is anyone 10th Dan or above… with only the 15th Dan being the most senior… although even that is something debated within the Bujinkan itself, with people seeming to pick and choose who they want to attribute a particular title to (some only class certain Japanese instructors as Shihan, others call them the "true Shihan", but acknowledge the official title of others, and so on). A year or so ago, Hatsumi started handing out new certification to a couple of senior Japanese members (Nagato, Noguchi) with the title "Dai Shihan" (Big Shihan)… seemingly a way to give distance again to the Japanese teachers now that so many Westerners shared their 15th Dan ranking, without further stretching the ranking concept to, oh, let's say, 21 Dan grades (which Hatsumi has joked about previously…).

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

We could just ask Ashida Kim...

I believe there was a thread recently about the Gracie program. As I recall (my memory isn't perfect, and it was only mildly interesting to me) the Gracie online Blue Belt was under discussion after being whupped by a lower belt from a real school.

You guys continue to live your mediocre lives,[the great will always soar above the medium, they create while others destroy].i will be unwatching this thread ,so bicker amongst yourselves

Since you're convinced you can learn from online sources, why bother asking here? Just go one over to YouTube and check out the videos from Ashida Kim, Choson Ninja, Billy Crepeau, etc. I'm sure you'll be a Real Ninjer in no time at all.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not sure quite how he's going to teach via video when he can't actually communicate properly but hey, it made me laugh. :D:D:D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Hmm...So we don't agree, you don't like what is being said, we don't all fall to our knees and worship at the feet of a guy trained at Shaolin in China, and you decided to get condescending and insulting.... and the only one bickering here is you......... you have a lot to learn grasshopper

OP
wiz cool c

wiz cool c

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Stephen K. Hayes' Ninja Self Defense Steven Hayes teaching online All the best teacher’s from all major martial arts offer online and dvd instructions, including Hatsumi.,[is this a serious question] if jealousy makes you guys angry, you need to look deep inside yourself and what martial arts really means,and try hard to remember the self discipline and respect part of it.

Latest Discussions