Exante Diet

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
quit making excuses! :) Put the attention into eating you put in your training!

Excuse. Mmm, perhaps you completely misread the intent of the thread. This is a personal choice, I don't need any advice on training. Keep such negativity to yourself :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Excuse. Mmm, perhaps you completely misread the intent of the thread. This is a personal choice, I don't need any advice on training. Keep such negativity to yourself :)

I think I missed a step.
Or you missed the point.

You put care and thought into your training, why not into your nutrition.

Of course, it is easier with a personal chef :)

(BTW, I am Eurotrash myself) :cat:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ah, the constant battle! Just have fun battling. :)

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eat less **** food, eat more good food.

With "good" being what is tailored/required for your specific needs/goals. Too many people (I would wager 80 - 90% of Western world, that's what I'm most familiar with so will comment on that) simply do not have a good understanding of food and food types and its impacts on the body...

"But I thought brown bread and fruit was healthy, why am I so overweight and have high blood pressure when I am eating all this brown bread and guzzling all this fruit juice??"

For the average person, east less food. And anything and everything in moderation.

I agree using a food diary like MyFitnessPal, makes you aware of the rookie mistake areas like breads and boost juice etc.

For me the simple answer is moderation works, it's what I stick to.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with being unconventional. You can make it work. Keep us in the loop on your progress.

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Cos I am an idiot and could not quite work out how to do it. IE with work and what not. Can't stick to a strict regimen on time that precisely. However, that still is on my drive. Getting hold of fresh fish would not be an issue, potentially, know at at least one inshore boat fisherman. Tuna from a tin is awful for me, or I just don't like tuna too much. Anyway one can follow all the advice all the way to Mars and back, that is the trouble when you used to have someone do it for you. Not that I completely remiss of culinary skills with this stuff :)

Nice quote and true. Brown bread is still made with the same flower as white sometimes in a mixture.
Yup, and check out on the pack how much salt - and sugar - goes into a loaf of average bread, even brown bread. Salt levels can be insane and completely unnecessary!!

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For the average person, east less food. And anything and everything in moderation.

I agree using a food diary like MyFitnessPal, makes you aware of the rookie mistake areas like breads and boost juice etc.

For me the simple answer is moderation works, it's what I stick to.
Agreed as to moderation.

When one gets the time to research and talk to experts more on the field, healthy changes can be made so that you can eat the same amounts - or more - but just different types of food and still reach the goals you are after and in a healthy sustainable manner (which is key), be that becoming leaner or becoming larger and more muscular.

Extreme diets such as like what competition bodybuilders employ leading up to competition to get shredded are not sustainable and are no good for a fighter or MA'st as they leave you energy starved. I also think they may place undue stress on the system if done continuously over a long time.

You can still pack on lean muscle and retain functional strength and endurance in a healthy manner, it just takes a little more time and a longer term view.

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Cos I am an idiot and could not quite work out how to do it. IE with work and what not. Can't stick to a strict regimen on time that precisely. However, that still is on my drive. Getting hold of fresh fish would not be an issue, potentially, know at at least one inshore boat fisherman. Tuna from a tin is awful for me, or I just don't like tuna too much. Anyway one can follow all the advice all the way to Mars and back, that is the trouble when you used to have someone do it for you. Not that I completely remiss of culinary skills with this stuff :)
No problem, best of luck with what you are trying now. If the work place has a fridge it means you can stack it with lean meats, berries and fish and circle back to it to eat every couple of hours to load up (I eat while I work) but I appreciate not everyone has that option!!

Take some before and after snaps why don't you, you can always circulate them to us later when you are happy with the results!! :) They are also useful just for yourself as a good bench mark. It's easy to loose perspective of changes and progress you are making, as you don't necessarily see these yourself.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem, best of luck with what you are trying now. If the work place has a fridge it means you can stack it with lean meats, berries and fish and circle back to it to eat every couple of hours to load up (I eat while I work) but I appreciate not everyone has that option!!

Take some before and after snaps why don't you, you can always circulate them to us later when you are happy with the results!! :) They are also useful just for yourself as a good bench mark. It's easy to loose perspective of changes and progress you are making, as you don't necessarily see these yourself.

Can't stand photos of myself in the main. Absolutely hate photos. No doubt my Aunt will get those dreadful ones out of me as a five year old. Pudding bowl haircut and silly sandals. Yuck

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not in my bread, I make it myself >smug grin<
That's the way to do it. Proper home made bread, awesome! Was one of my favourites when mum would make the home made bread when I was a kid.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well and irrespective of the, er, funniness, I have lost 4.3 pounds. Simply by listening to myself and making a personal choice with the diet, plus my own food knowledge as well. Sorry to all posters if I mislead you on that :)

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I thought extreme dieting is bad for your body because you lose muscle and bones. And can also affect your joints and cause joint problems.

Well a moderate diet is okay it only the extreme dieting.

You should not lose more than three pounds in week is bad for you in a dieting program.

Latest Discussions