European Ninjutsu Documentary!

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
The inaccuracies start with the title:

"Ninja: the warior of the nigth"

*sigh* I'm going to have to turn them over to the Spelling Police as 1/3 of the words (and 2/3 of those over three letters) in the title are spelled ... um ... inaccurately :)

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry... I couldn't stomach watching for much longer than about 5 minutes. :( Great scenery but I couldn't get past that feeling of a cheesy trailer for a poorly made ninja movie.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Great scenery, but the rest is just :barf:. I don't think the "gentle rain" outside my window would hide that God awful scraping and clatter the guy on the roof was making during the opening. But you are right, the views are nice.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great scenery, but the rest is just :barf:. I don't think the "gentle rain" outside my window would hide that God awful scraping and clatter the guy on the roof was making during the opening. But you are right, the views are nice.
The funny part was how he did that after he'd made all that noise. And I love how the samurai just sits up after the water gets splashed on his forehead, then just lays back down.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep I warned you. Lot's of inaccuracies! I hope that in the future we can actually get some documentaries that show Budo Taijutsu and the history of it in a light that is not riddled with inaccuracies and make believe. I believe someone tried awhile ago with 34 Generations but because of who they included and how they dealt with Sensei they did not succeed in many people's mind. Hopefully Sensei will produce something in the future that is more accurate!

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yep I warned you. Lot's of inaccuracies! I hope that in the future we can actually get some documentaries that show Budo Taijutsu and the history of it in a light that is not riddled with inaccuracies and make believe. I believe someone tried awhile ago with 34 Generations but because of who they included and how they dealt with Sensei they did not succeed in many people's mind. Hopefully Sensei will produce something in the future that is more accurate!

Now that would be awesome!

I was going to buy the 34 Generations DVD, but became apprehensive about shelling out the $$ for it when I could buy one of Hatsumi's DVDs for a little less and get something more meaningful and useful to me.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that would be awesome!

I was going to buy the 34 Generations DVD, but became apprehensive about shelling out the $$ for it when I could buy one of Hatsumi's DVDs for a little less and get something more meaningful and useful to me.

I thought about it too but then bought Shinken Shihara Dome which is one of Sensei's earlier videos that is now on DVD. So I know exactly what you mean by that.
icon14.gif

LuzRD

Black Belt
Reaction score
that was rather entertaining :) (actually watched the whole thing!)

i recognize the narrator, was that from the discovery channel?
please say it wasnt, as i tend to respect the discovery channel

saru1968

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm sure this is a clip from a discovery series 'warriors'

If so this is about 2-3 yrs old.

TV audience.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I lasted about 40 seconds.

Some people say we should work to keep dangerous weapons out of the hands of idiots.

I think this is proof that we should start with video cameras.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I lasted about 40 seconds.

Some people say we should work to keep dangerous weapons out of the hands of idiots.

I think this is proof that we should start with video cameras.

HAHAHA Who would have ever thought that video cameras could be dangerous! :p

Latest Discussions