EU threatens to fine M$ 2.4M/day.

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Oh darn....that really hurts my feelings that microsoft may lose some money....(hope you all sense the sarcasim there)

OP
Kreth

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not sticking up for M$ in any way, but this seems to be more of a case of the EU flexing their steadily atrophying political muscles than anything else...

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yeah the EU does have a very big grudge against them....they have different views and laws though that microsoft seems to ignore.

OP
Kreth

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A poster on slashdot made a very good point: How much more vulnerable will this make Windows? I know a lot of you uber-geeks detest all things M$, but Windows/Office is still the major business environment, and I see this as making life harder for those supporting it.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kreth said:
I'm not sticking up for M$ in any way, but this seems to be more of a case of the EU flexing their steadily atrophying political muscles than anything else...
u got that right..
i was like "who u" to impose that on an american corporation?!

OP
Kreth

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, playing Devil's Advocate for a sec here... If we expect Euro companies to abide by our laws to do business here, is it wrong for the EU to expect similar courtesy? But given the dollar amount, I see it as more of a political ploy than anything else, a way to boost Europe's flagging economy.

Latest Discussions