Espada Y Daga Drills ?

moromoro

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
brisbane australia, zamboanga philippines, sorsogo
paul i will say this again because i dont think you understood my reply.....

enoch said Can Anyone give me some good Sword & Dagger drills to teach in my class. I really like how they help develop Eye/hand speed, timing etc...

and then paul said
We need more instructors like him who claim FMA; who are always trying to learn from others.

hey paul we do not need FMA instructors who ask for advice on what to teach their class from an internet forum... hahahahahaha
the notion of this makes me sick, you tell this to any grandmaster in the philippines and they will also burst out laughfing....

paul.. who are always trying to learn from others.

yes by all means this is what people should be doing i myself am a personal student of two great FMA grandmasters...

BUT TRYING TO LEARN FROM OTHERS IN A FORUM TO TEACH THEIR CLASS THE NEXT NIGHT.... COME ON THIS IS TOO MUCH....

LEARNING FROM OTHERS IN THIS FORUM AND ASKING ADVICE FOR YOUR PERSONAL TRAINING IS OK IF YOU DONT HAVE A GOOD TEACHER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, BUT IAM AGAINST WHAT HE JUST SAID WANTING TO LEARN TECHNIQUES TO TEACH HIS STUDENTS....

THANKS

TERRY

Pappy Geo

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am sure there was nothing but good intentions asking for drills.

First of all drills are very hard to describe converting physical motion to written word .....but more importantly without intertrepation and connection of the techniques, understanding the application of the motions of a drill it becomes a form without value.

There are many videos available that break down forms into techniques applicable to combat but better when studied under a knowledgeable instructor, the depth of the drill, application of the movements, etc., gives a deep understanding to the overall utility.

If you are just doing the motions of a drill or form you may have the "ART" but not the "MARTIAL."

Even trying express the above is difficult in written words. Please don't take this as criticism, the instructor that started this thread was reaching out for information and sources of education and that is a better use of these forums than political in fighting.

Some of postings on this thread offered to hookup and share knowledge with him and also referred other qualified instructors for him to seek. Those were informational and correct answers that I am sure he was seeking, so see there is value in these forums when encouraged to be educational and informational.

2-cents

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by moromoro
paul i will say this again because i dont think you understood my reply.....

enoch said Can Anyone give me some good Sword & Dagger drills to teach in my class. I really like how they help develop Eye/hand speed, timing etc...

and then paul said
We need more instructors like him who claim FMA; who are always trying to learn from others.

hey paul we do not need FMA instructors who ask for advice on what to teach their class from an internet forum... hahahahahaha
the notion of this makes me sick, you tell this to any grandmaster in the philippines and they will also burst out laughfing....

paul.. who are always trying to learn from others.

yes by all means this is what people should be doing i myself am a personal student of two great FMA grandmasters...

BUT TRYING TO LEARN FROM OTHERS IN A FORUM TO TEACH THEIR CLASS THE NEXT NIGHT.... COME ON THIS IS TOO MUCH....

LEARNING FROM OTHERS IN THIS FORUM AND ASKING ADVICE FOR YOUR PERSONAL TRAINING IS OK IF YOU DONT HAVE A GOOD TEACHER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, BUT IAM AGAINST WHAT HE JUST SAID WANTING TO LEARN TECHNIQUES TO TEACH HIS STUDENTS....

THANKS

TERRY

Terry,

First, are you Filipino? or Austrailian? or ???

Second, I have heard and been told that the term Moro is derogatory to the Muslims in the PI's., So, please I find this name to be offensive and please remove it from this site. Choose another name. (* Do I actually think you will? Nope? But, from my knowledge it should not be allowed. Just my opinion *)

Third, ever since you joined you have been enthusiastic, which is great, yet you have also been very insulting. Your way is the only way. Your way and your teachers ways are the best. I am glad you are happy with your art and instructors.

I agree the best way to learn is from a qualified instructor, one on one. And yes the higher up you go on the food chain or in rank the better instruction I would expect. Yet you seem to assume the worst of everyone who posts. So, I guess I have to assume the worst about you. You are new and excited, and have been shown some knew thecniques and skills. This is great, yet remember others out there could and do have the skills and techniques you have had the priviledge to have seen.

As to you nationality, it matters not, only trying to figure out of English is your first language or not.

Have a Nice Day I know I will. :)

(* This time Jill is right *)

moromoro

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
huh

ok firstly iam filipino born and raised in zamboanga city, but now i live in australia but i spend 1 -1.5 months of the year in zamboanga and sorsogon also i have houses in both zamboanga and sorsogon and 99% of my family are in the philippines..

the term moro is the chavacano word for muslim, although the rich (higher class muslims) do not like to be called this is the term people use in zamboanga....

one more thing how dare you mock the term moromoro my master GM Abrian use this name in his system in honour of a moro eskrimador who he saw practice in the island of samar, GM abrain is the best i have seen with pinuti and sundang as well as empty hands. HOW DARE YOU MOCK HIS ART.... YOU TRULY ARE A NOBODY BUT A LITTLE PIECE OF CRAP WHO TRAINS WITH ANOTHER NEVER WILL BE, i think i know you you train with your GM once or twice a year.... GM Abrian is highly respected many instructors and now GM have ask for his instruction and where refused, ernesto presas was one of them.. GM Abrain has sparred with the best manila has had to offer including GM tatang illustrisimo GM joe mena and who he considers the best out of the lot Tatang celo illustrisimos uncle... please buy mark wileys filipino fighting arts theory and parctice... it also has my other master GM navarro who i train with 4 times a wekk on a one on one basis while iam here in australia....also these masters asked me to keep them a promise and that was to alway accept a challenge this is due to the high level i am in both there arts..

if you find the term moro derogatory pls email me and i will give you GM Abrians home phone number please tell him your views tell him you find it offensive remember you will be talking to a master who has had plenty of real death fights in samar as well as manila... i will call him tonight and tell him he will be expecting a call from you (an american master who does not like his arts name (which has been in use since 1955).....remember email me... ok

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Terry,

This is from another source this time. First of all, chill out and re-read Rich's post.

Second, I have heard and been told that the term Moro is derogatory to the Muslims in the PI's., So, please I find this name to be offensive and please remove it from this site.

I know Rich. If he is incorrect or has been incorrectly told something regarding terminology, he will also be the first to correct it. If the term moro has a different translation, let him know rather than take it so personally.

one more thing how dare you mock the term moromoro my master GM Abrian use this name in his system

Re-read his post. He said nothing about the term moromoro in a mocking manner nor said anything about your master.

i will call him tonight and tell him he will be expecting a call from you (an american master who does not like his arts name (which has been in use since 1955)

????????

Re-read his posts, slowly and carefully, and you will find nothing to lose your temper about.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

moromoro

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
hi dan it is his second paragraph.. which is

Second, I have heard and been told that the term Moro is derogatory to the Muslims in the PI's., So, please I find this name to be offensive and please remove it from this site. Choose another name. (* Do I actually think you will? Nope? But, from my knowledge it should not be allowed. Just my opinion *)

now dan i have never used the term moro i use moromoro which is what rich does not want to be used.. this is what iam so angry about....

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
now dan i have never used the term moro i use moromoro which is what rich does not want to be used.. this is what iam so angry about....

And I bet there's where the confusion lies, the difference between moro and moromoro. In one post could you give the difference between the two? Thanks in advance.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
huh

ok firstly iam filipino born and raised in zamboanga city, but now i live in australia but i spend 1 -1.5 months of the year in zamboanga and sorsogon also i have houses in both zamboanga and sorsogon and 99% of my family are in the philippines..

the term moro is the chavacano word for muslim, although the rich (higher class muslims) do not like to be called this is the term people use in zamboanga....

one more thing how dare you mock the term moromoro my master GM Abrian use this name in his system in honour of a moro eskrimador who he saw practice in the island of samar, GM abrain is the best i have seen with pinuti and sundang as well as empty hands. HOW DARE YOU MOCK HIS ART.... YOU TRULY ARE A NOBODY BUT A LITTLE PIECE OF CRAP WHO TRAINS WITH ANOTHER NEVER WILL BE, i think i know you you train with your GM once or twice a year.... GM Abrian is highly respected many instructors and now GM have ask for his instruction and where refused, ernesto presas was one of them.. GM Abrain has sparred with the best manila has had to offer including GM tatang illustrisimo GM joe mena and who he considers the best out of the lot Tatang celo illustrisimos uncle... please buy mark wileys filipino fighting arts theory and parctice... it also has my other master GM navarro who i train with 4 times a wekk on a one on one basis while iam here in australia....also these masters asked me to keep them a promise and that was to alway accept a challenge this is due to the high level i am in both there arts..

if you find the term moro derogatory pls email me and i will give you GM Abrians home phone number please tell him your views tell him you find it offensive remember you will be talking to a master who has had plenty of real death fights in samar as well as manila... i will call him tonight and tell him he will be expecting a call from you (an american master who does not like his arts name (which has been in use since 1955).....remember email me... ok

Terry,

You see, you say this and I say that. It all comes from different people from the PI and nothing is constant. There are no absolutes.

Go Search the Eskrima Digest for Moro and see how upset some Filipinos get about the term.

Never once did I insult you GM. First, he is a Manong to me and deserves respect. Yet, I wonder if you truly are respecting him with your rants?

As for my Training, yes you may call that into question.

I train with Manong (GM) Ted Buot of Balintawak from Cebu City.

Manong Buot was the only student to teach at GM Anciong Bacon's club beside GM Bacon. I train at least once a week every week. Yes I cannot train more, and for that I am sorry. Yet I train with at least two of his regular students two other times a week. On average I put in 5-7 hours a week on this. Yes this is not much time. I cannot train from dusk to dawn everyday, and for that I have to pay with people like you calling into question my schooling.

I have seen it with FMA, CMA, JMA and KMA. If it is not straight from the country of origin and trained in that country your training does not count. To this I say becareful, if you ever run across someone who does know and you do not show the proper respect for their knowledge.

Now as to being a piece of crap. So be it. As for training with nobodies, well you little piece of crap, I will e-mail you and I will try to contact your GM. You see I will take the beating he is willing to give me for the chance to learn. You on the other hand are not worth the time. I never insulted your lineage nor your instructor, only told you I found the word derogatory. There are word for Caucasians, Africans, Orientals, Islanders, Jews, Catholics, etc, ..., that are all derogatory in nature. I try not to be insulting, unless someone comes off on me or others.

So, I have a little piece of knowledge for you. Watch and Learn. Do not yell and ignore. Allow for someone else besides you and your instructor the chance to be knowledgeable. Add to the discussion do not be insulting and derogatory.

As to GM Abrian being the Best of the Best, I leave that to him to claim and or defend. Yet since Ising Attillo also claims to be the best of the best, maybe your two schools should get together and discuss this.

Please pass along my respects to Manong Abrian the next time you talk or see him. I have no quarrel with him, only your approach to how you represent and possible threaten others on this forum.

Study your art, learn your art. If you are in the US, even California let me know I will do my best to get out that way to see you. Also If I get back to Asia, China or Japan for work I will try to stay over and see if I cannot stop by.

Just my opinion and thoughts.

Have a nice Day I know I did! :)

moromoro

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
yes, rich, i respect your training with ted bout you should keep this up for we (this generation) are going to be the last link to great masters from the past..

one more thing, you said
As to GM Abrian being the Best of the Best, I leave that to him to claim and or defend. "what"
i said he is the best i have seen with pinuti and sundang as well as empty hands, never "best of the best" dont try to change things to make yourself look good..

"maybe your two schools should get together and discuss this."
theres the problem he doesnt have a school in fact he has told me he doesn't have a style in that sense of the word he also has no basics taught in his system.... feel free to email me...

THE BOTTOM LINE IS DO YOU STILL WANT ME TO STOP USING THE TERM MORO (MOROMORO)......

OK

THATS SETTLED

KEEP TRAINING
SOME PEOPLE IN FORUMS LOSE THEIR COOL OVER THE SMALLEST THINGS LOOK AT YOU RICH YOU GOT ANGRY WITH ME USING THE TERM MORO, WHEN MY POST WAS ORIGINALLY ADDRESSED TO SEIGI....

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
yes, rich, i respect your training with ted bout you should keep this up for we (this generation) are going to be the last link to great masters from the past..

one more thing, you said
As to GM Abrian being the Best of the Best, I leave that to him to claim and or defend. "what"
i said he is the best i have seen with pinuti and sundang as well as empty hands, never "best of the best" dont try to change things to make yourself look good..

"maybe your two schools should get together and discuss this."
theres the problem he doesnt have a school in fact he has told me he doesn't have a style in that sense of the word he also has no basics taught in his system.... feel free to email me...

THE BOTTOM LINE IS DO YOU STILL WANT ME TO STOP USING THE TERM MORO (MOROMORO)......

OK

THATS SETTLED

KEEP TRAINING
SOME PEOPLE IN FORUMS LOSE THEIR COOL OVER THE SMALLEST THINGS LOOK AT YOU RICH YOU GOT ANGRY WITH ME USING THE TERM MORO, WHEN MY POST WAS ORIGINALLY ADDRESSED TO SEIGI....

(* BTW: All Caps means you are yelling on the internet. Just for your information *)

Not trying to change the subject.

If you claim your GM is the best and others claim it then how can this be? Just another question to be asked in a civil manner is all.
I would agree that he is most likely very respected.

Let me say this. Since you are Filipino you can use it. You see as a Caucasian if I use Honkey or ..., that is fine, I cannot use a term that other races or religions may find insulting. It is kind of like if you are one of the people in question then you can use it as a term of pride. So, my opinion really does not manner, just do some research as I mentioned and see how some really get violent about this term.

As to the no basics, issue, I am no expert in all FMA by no means, yet I would find it hard to believe that your instructor does not have basics that he teaches first. They may not be taught in a manner of this has to be first, yet I would believe that there are some things he cannot teach until you learn the right technique, the right body position (* Foot work and Leaning *) and the right time to use it.

As to a commercial school like other arts, Yes I would believe that does not exist. As you and I both said, it is best to learn one on one from a respectable instructor.

moromoro

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
i just emailed you..

but believe it he has no basics, he does not take new students and he only has a handfull of students, yeah like all the older filipino's they are all respected actually Ernesto presas asked him what do you teach if you have no basics, tatay Abrian said i have no basics..

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i just emailed you..

but believe it he has no basics, he does not take new students and he only has a handfull of students, yeah like all the older filipino's they are all respected actually Ernesto presas asked him what do you teach if you have no basics, tatay Abrian said i have no basics..

Terry,

Yes and I had sent you two already. I see you have also replied.

If you wish to take this discsusion to e-mail that is fine.

Latest Discussions