Ee An Sol Cha Gi - Kicking Sequences

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You're too damn young ...

... and what's with all the funny names?

I don't know if my lungs could handle all the work you're doing in just those 12 second clips.

Look forward to seeing more.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
You're too damn young ...

... and what's with all the funny names?

I don't know if my lungs could handle all the work you're doing in just those 12 second clips.

Look forward to seeing more.

Dude, I know I look like a kid, but I am 29. Well, maybe that is still a kid in some people's eyes...

Anyways, check out this thread for more...

Tang Soo Hyung

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No problem. These kicking sequences were created by my teacher. They are based off of kicking principles that used to be part of the Tang Soo Do curriculum but are no longer formally taught. Exactly what part are you going to use for your breaking demo?

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ah, yea, you make me miss TSD .... As far as the demo, It was the back kick, front kick, side kick part with the same leg without putting your foot down in Il bon. It gave me an idea to stand in one spot, position the holders just right, and do these three breaks without putting my foot down. What ya think?

P.S. Nice kicking technique :) Made me realize I still have the TSD style kicks LOL. Not that TKD kicks are much different, but you can tell that I started in TSD hehehehehe

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
karatekid1975 said:
Ah, yea, you make me miss TSD .... As far as the demo, It was the back kick, front kick, side kick part with the same leg without putting your foot down in Il bon. It gave me an idea to stand in one spot, position the holders just right, and do these three breaks without putting my foot down. What ya think?

P.S. Nice kicking technique :) Made me realize I still have the TSD style kicks LOL. Not that TKD kicks are much different, but you can tell that I started in TSD hehehehehe

Try two boards at each station. With one board its easy to fly through it and one doesn't have to stick to the principles. With two, the balance between speed and power must be maintained.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks. Good idea. I will practice it with one board each to see if I can get clean breaks and techniques first. Then I'll switch it to two boards. Thanks so much, upnorthkyosa :)

Latest Discussions