Eddie Guerrero, dead at 38

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Eddie's past dependencies are well know but every indication is that he's been clean for a long time. I will certainly continue believing that unless I find out otherwise.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just got done watching RAW. There was no "Raw" and "Smackdown", no "storylines". Just solid matches featuring wrestlers from both shows, seperated by video memories and comments by some of the wrestlers. It was hard not to be touched, and I'm still choked up by the emotions. You can tell just how hard some of these people are being hit.

The tribute continues on Smackdown airing on Friday.

Rest well Eddie. You've touched so many, so deeply. :(

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Eddie Guero was a phenominal wrestler and lived up to his nick name Latino Heat. You always knew when he was on the bill it would be a hot match. I was gonna go to bed when I got home from classes tonight but now I will wait and watch the RAW relay at midnight,

jujutsu_indonesia

Black Belt
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
Numerous sources are reporting that Eddie was found dead this morning in his Minneapolis hotel room. No further news is available yet.

Eddie is survived by his wife Vickie and his two daughters.

:(

So very sad to hear this news. I respect all professional wrestlers. Mr. Guererro will be sorely missed. I hope dear Allah will give strength to his family.

Nanalo74

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I met Eddie Guerrero the week before Wrestlemania XX which was to take place at Madison Square Garden. At the time I was training with Johnny Rodz at Gleason's Gym. Eddie, along with a few other wrestlers came to the gym to shoot a segment for the FOX morning show "Good Day New York". He had just recently won the WWE World Title.
Eddie was exhausted as he had just arrived in the city early that morning but he was a consummate gentleman. He took the time to shake hands with everyone. He offered advice to all of us up and coming wrestlers and graciously answered every question.
The following week one of the wrestlers from our gym was called up for a tryout at RAW and I was sent along. We were invited to come to Smackdown the following day and when we got there we ran into Eddie. He remembered us from Gleason's and was genuinely happy to see us, greeting us with big hugs and smiles and offering us advice for the tryout.
I only met him on those two occassions, but he left a lasting impression on me. I mourn his loss and my prayers go out to his family. He will be sorely missed.

Vic www.combatartsusa.com

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
CAUSE OF EDDIE GUERERRO'S PASSING ANNOUNCED
By: WWE.com
11/15/2005 1:13:47 PM

Vickie Guerrero speaks on Eddie's autopsy report

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is still reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn’t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I’m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It’s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don’t know what to do now.”

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The show monday night touched me more than a few times and I admit being brought to the edge of tears getting caught up in the emotions being shown by some of Eddie's friends. It may have been one of the best shows in a long time because the wrestlers where doing it for Eddie.

Latest Discussions