Ed Parker Video Clips

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Does anyone have any video clips of Ed Parker Sr.?

If so, so you have a link or post them for us to see?
It would be nice to gather them in one place.
:asian:

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Goldendragon7 said:
Does anyone have any video clips of Ed Parker Sr.?

If so, so you have a link or post them for us to see?
It would be nice to gather them in one place.

Ok,

But only if you're willing to come up off of some of those video archives you have out in the garage!!! :popcorn:

jb :asian:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kenpo Yahoo said:
Mr. Parker doing Five Swords.

SGM Parker

Click on Ed Parker Five swords.
That was cool I suppose, but my instructor has vids where Mr. Paker really gets some pin action on his opponents. One guy gets knocked or rather thrown right into a swimming pool. There is one of a bunch of Kenpo seniors fighting and I think it shows Either Raineer Schults, or Bob White(I don't remember which) bleeding like a stuck pig. These guys were brutal. Ah, the good old days.
Sean

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok I am no a Kenpo Stylist but after watching these video clips and other things I have seen, this style looks awesome!
I study Kung Fu but if I could learn another style I would definately love to try Kenpo. I don't think there are that many schools in England though and the ones that do exist are 100s of miles away! I saw some techniques that reminded me of some of the things we do in Kung fu and the trapping that is in Wing chun. Kenpo seems to emphasise a lot of fast hand strikes in acurate combination. It looks amazing!
But why did Ed Parker choose to name Kenpo, "Kenpo Karate"? I know it has its root in Chinese Martial Arts and Karate is a Japenese word! its just so confusing!

C

Chicago Green Dragon

I wish there was sound too.

But hey its still a nice clip.

Chicago Green Dragon.

jeffkyle said:
I wish there was sound.....

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tony said:
Ok I am no a Kenpo Stylist but after watching these video clips and other things I have seen, this style looks awesome!
I study Kung Fu but if I could learn another style I would definately love to try Kenpo. I don't think there are that many schools in England though and the ones that do exist are 100s of miles away! I saw some techniques that reminded me of some of the things we do in Kung fu and the trapping that is in Wing chun. Kenpo seems to emphasise a lot of fast hand strikes in acurate combination. It looks amazing!
But why did Ed Parker choose to name Kenpo, "Kenpo Karate"? I know it has its root in Chinese Martial Arts and Karate is a Japenese word! its just so confusing!
You have to remember we just had a war with Japan, and Karate was a very popular sport in Japan. The term Karate came to mean asian Martial Arts in the mind of your average American. So the question became,"what style of Karate do you study?". And the answer is of course Kempo or Kenpo. These words are derived from "chuan fa", or hand of china. In Japanese Kempo means Law of the fist, or more precisely, the parameters defining how you use your fists. Our parameters are defined by Ed Parker; so, Ed Parker's American Kenpo Karate means, Your method of using your fists and your emty hands, with parameters defined by Ed Parker. Or more commonly said Law of the Fist and the emty hand.
Sean

C

Chicago Green Dragon

Sean

Good post. Thank you for posting that bit of information.

Chicago Green Dragon

Touch'O'Death said:
You have to remember we just had a war with Japan, and Karate was a very popular sport in Japan. The term Karate came to mean asian Martial Arts in the mind of your average American. So the question became,"what style of Karate do you study?". And the answer is of course Kempo or Kenpo. These words are derived from "chuan fa", or hand of china. In Japanese Kempo means Law of the fist, or more precisely, the parameters defining how you use your fists. Our parameters are defined by Ed Parker; so, Ed Parker's American Kenpo Karate means, Your method of using your fists and your emty hands, with parameters defined by Ed Parker. Or more commonly said Law of the Fist and the emty hand.
Sean

K

Kenpo Yahoo

Nobody else has video footage of Mr. Parker moving? Does anybody have any old video tapes that they are willing to share?

Anyone..... Anyone...... Bueller..... Bueller......??

K

Kenpo Yahoo

The advert i encoded is still there, if anyone didn't see it before.

Ian.

Uhhh... what?

What are the odds that any of the seniors with video footage of Parker moving, would be willing to share? I wonder why this is....

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Both of them are good videos showing Mr. Edmund Parker. Are there more?

- Ceicei

kenpo_cory

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Dang it, I cant get it to play. :waah: I get a message saying "Unable to download an appropriate decompressor."

S

sierra don

kenpo_cory,

It is a Divx formatted file (retains near dvd quality)...you can download the free player here Divx Player . Once you install the player the CODEC for Divx will be on your machine and Windows Media Player will also open divx files besides the Divx Player.

Regards,
Don

kenpo_cory

Purple Belt
Reaction score
sierra don said:
kenpo_cory,

It is a Divx formatted file (retains near dvd quality)...you can download the free player here Divx Player . Once you install the player the CODEC for Divx will be on your machine and Windows Media Player will also open divx files besides the Divx Player.

Regards,
Don

I downloaded it and restarted my computer and I'm still getting the same message. I guess it wasnt meant to be. :idunno:

Latest Discussions