East vs. West - Is it Semantics Over Time?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That all depends on your standpoint

TMA there are possibly more nuances and parts that have to be taken in to achieve what we all strive for which is perfection (and that will never happen) so it could be taken to be more complicated to achieve

That said I do see where you are coming from with MMA
I'm not sure more nuanced is the correct description, but it's perhaps " perfection is the big if the problem,
Tma, has a life long learning ethos, and therefore needs enough material, to support that goal . When the pragmatic answer to being able to fight, is perha ps a couple of dozen techniques done well. There's no need to get close to perfection unless you are going into competition fighti ng, we're you have to at least match the other guy, but still only in a comparatively small number of techniques.

The sheer volume of the teachings, act against someone becoming proficient I the short term. So they have to study longer not to reach perfection, but just to achieve the same basic fighting ability they could have achieved in 12months if the concentrated their efforts on core fighting skills.

I know an ability to fight isn't the only benefit of ma, but if that's not there, then you might have well done ballroom dancing, which would also help you pick up women , which is not one of the common ma,benifits

Latest Discussions