DVD series

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Anything by Roy Dean is money. I use a number of the techniques I learned from his BJJ: Blue Belt Requirements DVD.

Stephan Kesting's DVDs are also all money. I watch his dynamic half-guard dvd at the school and want a copy of it for myself.

I don't watch a ton of video, but I've got personal experience with these two guys' dvds and am comfortable recommending both. :)

boobishi

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I agree with Steve about Roy Deans work. I have also used Cesar Gracies 3 dvd set. Right now Im using the roy dean dvd with a group of friends to explor bjj. Below is the blog address where we log progress.

http://therdapmaexperiment.blogspot.com/

A quote from the blog...

"I'm a practicing visual and martial artist. I have achieved the rank of 3rd dan in Chung Do Kwan, Tae Kwon Do and have been teaching since 1998. This blog has been set up to record my experiment with facilitaing a small group of guys exploring Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. We will be using Roy Dean's DVD "BJJ Blue Belt Requirements" as our syllabus. My grappling experience and knowledge is modest. I have had the opportunity to train briefly under Steve Scott of Welcome Mat Judo and Jiu Jitsu. I have had the opportunity to train with BJJ purple and brown belts in our area. During that time I also attended seminars with Ricardo Almeida a black belt under Renzo Gracie. Because of my limited experience I will be refering to myself as the Facilitator of the group rather than the instructor or coach. It will be interesting to see where this path takes us."

It has been interesting and a new challenge for me.