During pandemic lockdown have you found any new hobbies or things that you really enjoy doing?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Very cool. I’d love to learn to make metal stuff.
It has been a fun hobbie of mine for close to twenty years now. Have made a little money too, as a side business. Enough to pay for all my equipment at least, and probably a bit more.

Kurtosis

White Belt
Reaction score
I only watch Netflix series during the lockdown, I'm almost done binge watching all my favorite series too.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve taken up archery in recent months. It’s the martial art you can practice at a safe social distance. Lot of fun, but I’ve got lot of work to do before I get competent.

I’ve also been learning the tin whistle. For some reason I haven’t been motivated to pick the guitar back up, but I get in at least an hour per day on the whistle.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I’ve taken up archery in recent months. It’s the martial art you can practice at a safe social distance. Lot of fun, but I’ve got lot of work to do before I get competent.

I’ve also been learning the tin whistle. For some reason I haven’t been motivated to pick the guitar back up, but I get in at least an hour per day on the whistle.
I go t in to bow hunting for several years. I am left handed which seemed to make it harder. At least that is what I am blaming my poor accuracy on.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I go t in to bow hunting for several years. I am left handed which seemed to make it harder. At least that is what I am blaming my poor accuracy on.
I've been getting private lessons, which is greatly speeding up my progress. I've got a long ways to go before I'm any good, but I think it would be taking me a lot longer without the guidance from my coach.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Nice! What kind of bow are you shooting?

I’m mostly self-taught, grew up shooting in the back yard. Had a bit of archery instruction as a phys-ed class in middle school. Haven’t been out to actually shoot in a long time, but I pull my bows regularly to keep up the strength.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice! What kind of bow are you shooting?

I’m mostly self-taught, grew up shooting in the back yard. Had a bit of archery instruction as a phys-ed class in middle school. Haven’t been out to actually shoot in a long time, but I pull my bows regularly to keep up the strength.
It's a traditional recurve. No arrow rest or sights, just the bare basics,
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GBVDDGG/
I was originally going to use it for LARPing (using blunts), but that's on hold until after the pandemic. In the meantime I'm working on building my fundamentals.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's a traditional recurve. No arrow rest or sights, just the bare basics,
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GBVDDGG/
I was originally going to use it for LARPing (using blunts), but that's on hold until after the pandemic. In the meantime I'm working on building my fundamentals.
I’m not familiar with that maker, but I shoot a similar style bow, Eastern recurve. I have a short little Grózer and a longer Kassai. I like the Grózer best because it is compact but has a full draw, great if you are in heavy brush it’s less cumbersome.

I’ve got another recurve, more of a Western style with an arrow rest, right-handed. I find that I am less comfortable with it, I discovered I prefer a bow without an arrow rest.

And I have the bow I grew up with, my Dad’s fiberglass straight bow, it’s probably 70 years old and still shoots fine.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Started up golf. I had golf lessons when I was 9 or 10, was better than average for someone that age, but have touched clubs 3 times at most since then. Started going to the range again and 19 year old me could kick my *** there. Tried going to a course yesterday, but the wait for all of them was 2 hours when we went and me/my dad didn't feel like waiting.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
"Really explore the studio space this time."

And since that skit, you can't un-hear the cow bell in the actual song.
Yeah. Every time that song’s playing, somehow that cowbell is front and center. And all I can visualize is Gene Frenkle exploring the studio space. And Bruce Dickinson lol.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now I have to post the video, in case any of the 3 people on earth who haven’t seen it are here.

Yeah first time I've ever seen or even heard of that skit hahaha, gold!!! I did not know that that's where the phrase originated!

#educated

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Now I have to post the video, in case any of the 3 people on earth who haven’t seen it are here.

Yeah first time I've ever seen or even heard of that skit hahaha, gold!!! I did not know that that's where the phrase originated!

#educated
Alright. Now if we can just get the other two people on Earth who haven’t seen it....

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Almost six months since this thread started, when the hell will this end?

I'm about to restart an old hobby, writing screenplays. Just bought a new Mac computer and the program needed, should be here in a couple more days. I'm kind of pumped up. :)

Latest Discussions