dumb question

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
so, what's the deal with the little graphic on the top right hand corner of each post? the little boxes that look sort of like a hit point/health reader from an old video game?

my first theory was that it was a graphic display of your number of posts. but i keep seeing exceptions to that idea.

i've poked around the faq and such and found nothing. probably means i'm missing something obvious.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Probably the reputation display.
You're referring to the graphics under the post count right?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Use the little scale icon above that to bump people up / down. Go to UserCP to see comments from the bumps up / down that you have recieved :)

scottcatchot

Green Belt
Reaction score
I wondered that and never got around to asking,, so thanks for asking the question.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
OK, another dumb question. How does one go about getting "Reputation Power"? There is a post or two that I would like to "reward" the person for stating something very nicely when they could have responded in a negitive manner. I posted a comment to them, but my "reputation Power" is zero so there is nothing to give I guess, I just don't want that to knock down their reputation by coming across as a neutral or negitive.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You get 1 additional point of power for every year you've been here.
You get 1 additional point of power for every 100 points you have
You get 1 additional point of power for every 1000 posts you've made.

Until you've made 50 posts you're power is 0, after that it is 1 plus the above.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bydand said:
OK, another dumb question. How does one go about getting "Reputation Power"? There is a post or two that I would like to "reward" the person for stating something very nicely when they could have responded in a negitive manner. I posted a comment to them, but my "reputation Power" is zero so there is nothing to give I guess, I just don't want that to knock down their reputation by coming across as a neutral or negitive.
To give reputation, go to the post you want to give someone credit for and click on the little scales in the upper right corner of the post. A dialogue box will pop up and you can either "approve" of their post or "disapprove" of their post - the comment is optional and you get to type it.

You are not required to sign them and your name will not be visible next to your reputation comment to other users except the staff. It is up to you whether or not you wish to sign them.

If you have any other questions on reputation you can't find the answers to from a search in the Member Support Forum, feel free to post them here or PM me or a Mentor or another Staff member.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thank you two for answering so fast! I couldn't find that information anywhere, and I wasn't even sure what to search for. Oh the perils of being a noob.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Was there an adjustment made somewhere re: rep? I seem to have lost a bit in the last couple of days, with no bad rep in my user cp...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
might have deleted a few inactive accounts that pruned it a bit. dunno. nothing directly though.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Check it owt now, God of Thunder.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I still think Bob should change the message that displays when you hover over the rep dots. It's outdated. I think the next level up should be "Avert your eyes, scum!" :ultracool

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
I still think Bob should change the message that displays when you hover over the rep dots. It's outdated. I think the next level up should be "Avert your eyes, scum!" :ultracool

:lol:

"Too Glorious to behold"
"Whatchoo lookin' at?"
"Don't even think about it"

and then there's mine:

"Can't touch this!"

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
:lol:

"Too Glorious to behold"
"Whatchoo lookin' at?"
"Don't even think about it"

and then there's mine:

"Can't touch this!"

And for anyone else who finally gets to your level of rep it should state:

"You have now entered the cool fizzin', fast talkin', smooth speakin', realm of SHESULSA"

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bushidomartialarts said:
so, what's the deal with the little graphic on the top right hand corner of each post? the little boxes that look sort of like a hit point/health reader from an old video game?

my first theory was that it was a graphic display of your number of posts. but i keep seeing exceptions to that idea.

i've poked around the faq and such and found nothing. probably means i'm missing something obvious.

Like Evenflow said, there's no such thing as a stupid question. BTW, I've added a green pip, or two, to your reputation over the course of your membersip.

Bydand; your reputation power is no longer zero.

Latest Discussions