DQ,s because sometimes the ring is the street.

Brian. Check out 7.11 that is my dirty neck crank guard pass.

I haven't seen anyone submit from the attempted pass but look at the guy doing it. He is a monster!!!

I pull it off. I am not huge. Even if it dosent work it sucks the life out of them for fairly little cost. I don't think is is a strength issue it is more it can be blocked with a forearm in throat. But the block has to be quick and instinctive.

I like that as well but from a standing position. Though you have to be prepared for the attempted sweep.

We do a lot of standing in guard anyway due to ground and pound. Which is a bit of an art form in itself.

If you are getting picked up like that , and it is likely your head is going to be slammed into the ground why don't they disengage their legs ?
That could be fatal on concrete.

If you are getting picked up like that , and it is likely your head is going to be slammed into the ground why don't they disengage their legs ?
That could be fatal on concrete.

in most BJJ competition slamming is illegal, so some folks get into the habit of hanging on while being picked up. I agree that it's a dangerous habit for a real fight. I always tell my students to let go if they are being picked up.

Latest Discussions

Back