Don Rickles, unafraid to tell un-p.c. jokes...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don Rickles is still knocking out the jokes and didn't spare "the one," from his attention...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/don-rickles-president-obama-shirley-maclaine-335308

If anyone out there doesn't know his work, I would have been more shocked, and disappointed if he hadn't made the joke. Don Rickles goes after everyone, and this just proves it. If "the one," can't take a joke, (which I don't think he can) it is his problem. Good for someone of the comedy profession who hasn't been cowed by political correctness..

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Don Rickles is still knocking out the jokes and didn't spare "the one," from his attention...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/don-rickles-president-obama-shirley-maclaine-335308

If anyone out there doesn't know his work, I would have been more shocked, and disappointed if he hadn't made the joke. Don Rickles goes after everyone, and this just proves it. If "the one," can't take a joke, (which I don't think he can) it is his problem. Good for someone of the comedy profession who hasn't been cowed by political correctness..

Don Rickles is 87 years old, and a genuinely nice guy-he just makes really mean jokes. Pretty sure everyone can that winds up being one of his targets can take it, even "the one."

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Welllll...when Maureen Dowd made a comment about Obama's ears in a column she wrote he actually called her out on it. And she drank a pitcher of the kool aid a long time ago. He was serious about it and not joking. He told her as a kid people made fun of his ears and he was sensitive about it. He honestly told her that, and she told him "they" were just trying to toughen him up. So tell me he can take a joke again...

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is a link to the topic about obamas ears and his inability, as an adult, state senator, to just let it go...

http://americasnextfirstlady.blogspot.com/2006/12/obama-ear-flap-make-him-shut-up.html

It all started back in October when the New York Times' Maureen Dowd wrote:

"He’s intriguingly imperfect: His ears stick out, he smokes, and he’s written about wrestling with pot, booze and ‘’maybe a little blow'’ as a young man."

And there it would have stayed, buried beneath the sex-scandals, racist rants, and all the other pre-midterm election insanity - that is if Senator BO himself hadn't resuscitated it.

Fast forward to December '06. He sees Dowd in New Hampshire and says:
"I just want to put you on notice.... I was teased relentlessly when I was a kid about my big ears."
It was all caught on audio tape

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Don Rickles is 87 years old, and a genuinely nice guy-he just makes really mean jokes. Pretty sure everyone can that winds up being one of his targets can take it, even "the one."
Yeah that. If anyone expected Rickles to be nice and cuddly, they are insane...

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those were all, insert name here, jokes, that one would expect from Don. I remember a kid in the 6th grade was so upset about him telling that little Webster kid that he would never play Basketball. Come to think of it, that was mean. LOL I am just saying his jokes are just mean little jabs that one might hear from a jerk in a bar, but they are obvious slants on obvious traits. You may as well learn to laugh about it.
Sean