Don Knotts.....R.I.P., Barney....

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One of my favorite episodes was where Barney read a book on karate and was trying to show Andy how to do the moves ... but Andy kept attacking him wrong :wink2:.

Another comedian with a big heart. Peace, Don. :asian:

Shirt Ripper

Black Belt
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
One of my favorite episodes was where Barney read a book on karate and was trying to show Andy how to do the moves ... but Andy kept attacking him wrong :wink2:.

That was a great episode!

RIP

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Let's not forget his Disney roles as well ("Apple Dumpling Gang", etc.)! Rest in peace, Barney. :asian:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Growing up, as a kid, one of our (mine and my best friend) favorite movies was "Private Eyes".

We watched the video Tape of that movie SO many times (usually like 4x a week) the tape wore out and had to be replaced at least once... and we drove my parents mad.

Him and Tim Conway were a brilliant team...

Im gonna need to find a copy of that movie and watch it this weekend for Good Ol Don...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's one of my favorite Don Knotts films. They were a great team.

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
He was one of my favorite actors. I used to watch him is Desney movies all the time growing up and remember him when he guest appeared on Matlock, that was awesome. He will be missed!

OP
Martial Tucker

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
shesulsa said:

Mine too.......He said he "makes his whole body a weapon", then almost breaks his hand on the desk....In another episode, he is a judo student
preparing to confront a bully.:asian:

I have a hand-signed picture of him in his deputy uniform, loading his pistol and looking like he means business......"fast-gun Fife"!

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Help me out here. It was one of my favorite movies (comedy), but I haven't seen it in 30 years and can't for the life of me remember the name.

He's a dentist in the wild west. A woman gunfighter (beautiful redhead from the 60's, which of course I can't remember her name either) needs passage on a wagon train but is not allowed without a husband. Because she has no need or interest in an overbaring male, she pretends to be some helpless female and seeks out who else, Don Knotts, who quickly fawns all over her and can't believe his luck. She marries him to gain her passage. Of course he saves the day and wins the girl in the end.

To you Don :asian:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"The Ghost and Mr.Chicken", "The Reluctant Astronaut" and "The Incredible Mr Limpet"..All classics, all pure Don Knotts..R.I.P Sir

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He will be missed! :asian:

BTW, I understand he was a drill instructor in the USMC at Paris Island, back in the day. I could only imagine what that would have looked like. :rofl: (picturing Don Knotts in Full Metal Jacket!)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bigshadow said:
BTW, I understand he was a drill instructor in the USMC at Paris Island, back in the day. I could only imagine what that would have looked like. :rofl: (picturing Don Knotts in Full Metal Jacket!)
Oh man.

I suppose if it were before he were a comedian it would probably be STILL be funny - skinny and bug-eyed and all ... it's as though he were BORN to do what he finally did. What a way to live life ... doing what you were born to do.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Oh man.

I suppose if it were before he were a comedian it would probably be STILL be funny - skinny and bug-eyed and all ... it's as though he were BORN to do what he finally did. What a way to live life ... doing what you were born to do.

Yes, he had a serious role on a soap opera for a while back in the day... it was his only really serious role and he always said he hated doing it.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Gemini said:
Help me out here. It was one of my favorite movies (comedy), but I haven't seen it in 30 years and can't for the life of me remember the name.

He's a dentist in the wild west. A woman gunfighter (beautiful redhead from the 60's, which of course I can't remember her name either) needs passage on a wagon train but is not allowed without a husband. Because she has no need or interest in an overbaring male, she pretends to be some helpless female and seeks out who else, Don Knotts, who quickly fawns all over her and can't believe his luck. She marries him to gain her passage. Of course he saves the day and wins the girl in the end.

To you Don :asian:
The Shakiest Gun In The West can be found here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063591/

My personal favorites was Luther (atta boy Luther!) from Ghost and Mr. Chicken. He does that Karate thing there too... "...whole body is a weapon... sniffs."
Great comedian and a great man.
:asian:

Attachments

• $01 KNOTTS.jpg
    $01 KNOTTS.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 255
  • $02 KNOTTS.jpg
    $02 KNOTTS.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 363
  • $KNOTTS 01.jpg
    384 bytes · Views: 222

Latest Discussions