Does this make me a bad person?

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
While I wont go into specifics of the case, what would you do if a some one you know had a kid that was targeted by one of these people? Or if it was your kid?
I would no doubt be convicted of a very sadistic homicide.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
jsk9199: What is "Short Eyes"? Euphemism for pervert?

I was wondering that! It would be 'nonce' here.

It's a slang term for pedophile, not just any pervert.

(And, yes, frighteningly enough there are many types of perverts... and some of them aren't at all unwelcome in prisons.)

Live True

Brown Belt
Reaction score
hmmmmm... I was going to respond in agreement with MACaver, as I lost my mother to a drunk driver, and he also committed suicide afterwards due to guilt (he killed my mom in her car, put her boyfriend in a back brace for several months, and killed two people in his own car). I was 16 at the time, so I can speak well to the lasting impact such a sudden death can have. While I have little sympathy for those who drink and drive, I actually get angry at their stupidity, thoughtlessness, etc., and I realize (at least now, many years after the fact) that the person driving the car may have only a physical resemblance to the person they normally are. Their own guilt should provide more than enough punishment and destruction for them, and if they feel no guilt...then may they be cursed with thier own personal legion of tormenting demons...my hands are clean.

Those were my thoughts until the subject of a child sex offender was mentioned...that's a whole different ball game. First, KempoGuy...no guilt or shame belongs to you. We are responsible for our own actions, and that is hard enough, some days. We can have some influence on others, but thier actions are still their own, as are the consequences.

The difference here is that, those on the road know that driving is dangerous; we know that poor drivers, drunk drivers, car malfunctions, and random furry critters will cause accidents somewhere and often. It's an accepted risk of driving.

Children, in general, do NOT know about the dangers of a child predator. Even those that are properly trained to not let folks touch them, take them to private places, make them keep secrets, etc.; they don't expect this to happen to them or someone they know. It's not an accepted risk of childhood!:angry::flammad:

Children and many animals are innocents, meant to be protected, not abused. They are meant to be nurtured and instructed, not used for private jollies. Someone who abuses a child, whether it be physically, sexually, or mentally....should not be left alone in a room with me. I am not a generally violent person, but I would not trust myself in such a situation. So, if someone I knew had a kid that was targeted, then I would want to help them and the kid recover some sense of self, safety, and personal power. If that person were the one that did the targeting? They should move very very far away...alone....in a miserable, rotting, infested hut...with nothing but thier demons...oh, and lots and lots of pain and fear.

I can't print my full thoughts on this. I can't be reasonable on this topic. So, does that make me a bad person? No. It makes me human and simply triggers that primative maternal rage inside me.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, it does not make you a bad person. I would want to cut that person`s head off, cleanly. If we lived in a less civilized society I would probably try to as well. Drunken drivers are all playing with the lives of others.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Short answer....."NO!"

We are given our emotions for a reason. Whether you believe we have them from a divine source as part of our creation, or you believe that they have evolved, it comes to the same conclusion. We have emotions for a reason (else they would have been elminated through natural selection or we wouldn't have been given them).

Anger is a tricky emotion. Many times (especially with a religious upbringing) we are led to believe that being angry at someone is wrong or it is a character flaw. "Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth" is a saying from the Sermon on the Mount attributed to Jesus. Our definition of meek is something akin to being timid and softspoken etc. The greek meaning of the word is more along the lines of someone with a righteous anger, someone who knows when it is proper to be angry, and just doesn't lose their temper or fly off the handle about trivial things.

An example of this is in the temple when Jesus drove out the money changers who were trying to make money off of people (I use this example not as a religious example, but as a cultural example of the quality they were talking about). It made Jesus angry and he took action to correct the problem, he didn't ignore it or become a doormat and allow people to be taken advantage of.

Therefore, ANGER, helps us and motivates us to act upon wrong doing to protect ourselves and what we hold dear to us. Like all things, we can also misuse the emotion or misapply it. But, to feel anger and want to see justice done against that wrongdoing does not make you bad, it makes you human, and a human that wants to see people be held accountable for what they do when they wrongfully take something away from someone.