Does anyone know this style

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Buka Jalan Pentjack Silat? (I'm not sure of the spelling) I think it's taught by one of Dan Inosanto's students.

Phadrus00

Blue Belt
Reaction score
PWB,

Are you maybe thinking about Buhti Negarra Silat? I know that Guro Dan teaches that system in his school and many of his instructors also teach it. It is the name given by the deThouras Family to their Serak.

Rob

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Never heard of it before. However, after a exceptionally quick google search: http://kaliwarrior.blogspot.com/2006_04_01_kaliwarrior_archive.html

from TFA:
In Buka Jalan Silat (as taught by Cass Magda) the training program is broken into drills for upper and lower body mechanics. The drills for upper body mechanics are called Djurus and there are a series of Djurus that are like kata/forms for the hands. Each successive Djuru is based on the proceeding Djuru with one or a few additional element added to it. Although we didn't go into drilling on a specific Djuru we did mostly use the motions of Djuru 1 while drilling the Langkah.

I'm sure if you look around the net for Cass Magda, you'll find what you're looking for. Hope this helps!

:asian:

OP
P
Reaction score
I've been to that site before, but I was wondering if there was any more information out there.

Latest Discussions