Do you want rank or knowledge???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well you gotta admit PPKO...the evidence is there and you can see why people would doubt

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sin said:
Well you gotta admit PPKO...the evidence is there and you can see why people would doubt
No the evidence is not there, this is posted on a website just because it is written doesn't make it true. Like I have said before I know of people that have seen these papers that Mr. Soken gave to Mr. Dillman, just as everything that Mr. Rousellet writes isn't the truth, like Mr. Oyata not doing KOs on targets that are not moving for more info go here
http://www.geocities.com/brsbarnes/index.htm

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Danjo said:
Yet we do see video of Chosei Motubu performing the entire Motubu-ryu. Also, The Mabuna doing the same for his art. Choki Motubu had himself photographed performing kata and techniques, Funakoshi did the same thing and gave public demos of kata all the time. I don't think there's a hard and fast rule about it.
I think context is everything here...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think this is a stupid post and the watchers should delete this entire post. One's credibility is one's dignity. I do not know this man exceot for what I have read: I.E. everybody can have there own opions about him does it matter sure to those people but for the masses who cares he does not train us and I for one believe what I personally can see. whether he did or not train with a high Master behind close doors hold no clue for me. Can the Man fight(sure) is he able to teach (sure) does he have a following (sure) not from me but from somebody. There are people out there that question me and myself who cares most people do not know all the facts just what they hear and go from there. I have got to know some of you by your post and your e-mails and I would train with you for who you are not for what people say about you. I hope you can see a outsider point of view GOD BLESS and Have a wonderful DAY!!!!!!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
ppko said:
No sir numbers have not dropped.
People don't have to ask questions we know what is the truth, some of the people in the organization have seen these documents that Mr. Soken gave to Mr. Dillman (I am not one of them). This doesn't damage our credibility one bit, everyone has oppinions.

I'm asking the questions to find out if this on going argument has more to do turf then merit. I don't know the history in this case, but I am curious.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Danjo said:
Yet we do see video of Chosei Motubu performing the entire Motubu-ryu. Also, The Mabuna doing the same for his art. Choki Motubu had himself photographed performing kata and techniques, Funakoshi did the same thing and gave public demos of kata all the time. I don't think there's a hard and fast rule about it.
I know who Motobu and Funakoshi are but you lost me Mabuna......

Either way, what was the point of them having themselves photographed? I know Motobu's was for a book on karate and not necessarily to show off for a crowd of people. I have no idea what the purpose of Funakoshi being video taped was for. I am guessing since he was rather old at the time maybe his students wanted to preserve his kata on film….but that is just a guess.

I have seen many demos on video given by karate masters......what I don't see is those same masters jumping up and performing everytime someone they don't know or a perspective student walks by.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
No sir numbers have not dropped.
People don't have to ask questions we know what is the truth, some of the people in the organization have seen these documents that Mr. Soken gave to Mr. Dillman (I am not one of them). This doesn't damage our credibility one bit, everyone has oppinions.
I have seen the same documents since they were given to several others that attended the same event. They are by no means “secret”. Also, those same folks verify Dillman never got private instruction or any other such “special knowledge or training”.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
No the evidence is not there, this is posted on a website just because it is written doesn't make it true. Like I have said before I know of people that have seen these papers that Mr. Soken gave to Mr. Dillman, just as everything that Mr. Rousellet writes isn't the truth, like Mr. Oyata not doing KOs on targets that are not moving for more info go here
http://www.geocities.com/brsbarnes/index.htm
Do you regard those as KOs?
I certainly don't.

I suppose you probably think I designed and wrote everything on this website too http://www.smoka-usa.com/

I don’t know those folks……however I do find it odd that several people that were at the same event as Dillman all have pretty much the same thing to say as Mr. Coffman.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
I know who Motobu and Funakoshi are but you lost me Mabuna......

Either way, what was the point of them having themselves photographed?
I have seen many demos on video given by karate masters......what I don't see is those same masters jumping up and performing everytime someone they don't know or a perspective student walks by.
Whoops! I see I typo-ed...Mabuni Kenei of Shito Ryu is who I meant.

True enough. They weren't trained monkeys. Private lessons amoungst masters is not all that uncommon, though I have no idea who these gentlemen were that Dillman is claiming lessons from. It's pretty bold to say that something definitely didn't happen from 33 years ago, especially when the guy's wife remembers the meeting of Dillman and the other fellow and even remembers waiting for them to finish. Who knows?

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Danjo said:
1)Whoops! I see I typo-ed...Mabuni Kenei of Shito Ryu is who I meant.

True enough. They weren't trained monkeys.

2)Private lessons amoungst masters is not all that uncommon, though I have no idea who these gentlemen were that Dillman is claiming lessons from.

3)It's pretty bold to say that something definitely didn't happen from 33 years ago, especially when the guy's wife remembers the meeting of Dillman and the other fellow and even remembers waiting for them to finish. Who knows?
1)OK

2)For some stranger to just walk in off the street and get private lessons is not common in Okinawa or Japan. Especially now since many “budo tourist” westerners travel to Okinawa and ask for training for a couple of days. Very few teachers in Okinawa will accept an unknown person in the dojo for such a short term. The reason is westerners tend to do what Dillman did and say “I trained with XXXXX sensei” or “I am a student of XXXXX sensei”.

3)When there are several eye witnesses to corroborate Dillman did not receive any special treatment I would say it’s not that bold. I have dealt with the Dillman’s before…..on 1 occasion Dillman claimed via email to someone I know that he “kicked Oyata’s *** one time in a fight”. No such fight ever took place..... I confronted Dillman and his wife about it and they made a lame excuse that “oh someone used our computer without us knowing about it, we didn't write that”……….yeah right :rolleyes:

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
Like I have said before I know of people that have seen these papers that Mr. Soken gave to Mr. Dillman
And those people are all fluent in either Japanese or Chinese and can read and know what they are looking at, right?

I doubt it!

They could have been looking at a Japanese sushi menu for all they know!

Since you guys like to post things up on the Internet for all to and sundry to see why don't you post this "secret scroll" up????

Or is it toooooo secret?

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, It would be nice if we could go back and ask them questions? Today we can only make a guess. The intent will be never really known today. ....Aloha

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
still learning said:
Hello, It would be nice if we could go back and ask them questions? Today we can only make a guess. The intent will be never really known today. ....Aloha
No actually we can do more than guess........there were a few eyewitnesses there and they all tend to say the same thing.......Dillman never got any "secret stuff"...........Hell even Kise (the only person that was able to speak the same language as Soken) who was in the room with Soken says their was never any "secret stuff" passed on to Dillman.

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I still fail to see what the whole hoo-hah is about. Why can't everyone just get on with their training, and ignore the boasting and claims of other people?

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
No actually we can do more than guess........there were a few eyewitnesses there and they all tend to say the same thing.......Dillman never got any "secret stuff"...........Hell even Kise (the only person that was able to speak the same language as Soken) who was in the room with Soken says their was never any "secret stuff" passed on to Dillman.
Well it sounds like it was pretty secret if only a few saw or heard it LOL...:idunno:

Was it rank or was it knowledge??? Neither, it was so secret it has its own name.
Reminds me of the secret "Ali punch". (CC) No one saw that either...:rolleyes:

Just funnin, got to go train, Bo is on for tonight...

Regards, Gary

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
And those people are all fluent in either Japanese or Chinese and can read and know what they are looking at, right?

I doubt it!

They could have been looking at a Japanese sushi menu for all they know!

Since you guys like to post things up on the Internet for all to and sundry to see why don't you post this "secret scroll" up????

Or is it toooooo secret?
Actually sir we do have people in DKI that are from China, and people that are fluent in all sorts of languages. With schools world wide does that come as a surprise, as for posting it that would be up to Mr. Dillman and since he doesn't have the time to be on the net I doubt that you will be seeing them anytime soon.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Adept said:
I still fail to see what the whole hoo-hah is about. Why can't everyone just get on with their training, and ignore the boasting and claims of other people?

Maybe it’s important because his “business” is founded on certain claims that he has made…..this being one of them.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
Actually sir we do have people in DKI that are from China, and people that are fluent in all sorts of languages. With schools world wide does that come as a surprise, as for posting it that would be up to Mr. Dillman and since he doesn't have the time to be on the net I doubt that you will be seeing them anytime soon.
Great. How many of those Chinese/Japanese folks were there when Soken and Dillman met?

ZERO

I can see how Dillman’s wife would support his claims…..

Why would Kise lie about Dillman? Why would Coffman? Why would several other people claim he never got any secret stuff???

I guess they all have an agenda against Dillman………

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
I think this is a stupid post and the watchers should delete this entire post. One's credibility is one's dignity. I do not know this man exceot for what I have read: I.E. everybody can have there own opions about him does it matter sure to those people but for the masses who cares he does not train us and I for one believe what I personally can see. whether he did or not train with a high Master behind close doors hold no clue for me. Can the Man fight(sure) is he able to teach (sure) does he have a following (sure) not from me but from somebody. There are people out there that question me and myself who cares most people do not know all the facts just what they hear and go from there. I have got to know some of you by your post and your e-mails and I would train with you for who you are not for what people say about you. I hope you can see a outsider point of view GOD BLESS and Have a wonderful DAY!!!!!!
Again please explain your whole post why is it so important to yje few wheather or not he did or did not WHO CARES DOES IT EFFECT YOUR TRAINING!!! PLEASE ANSWER!!!!:erg::erg::erg::erg:

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Robert what do you hope to accomplish? Honestly...Do you want PPKO and all the others in Dillman's system to just to get out of Dillmans Org and go to RyuTe?

What do you want them to do about there Sensei's claIms (True or untrue)

or is it you just want them to call there teacher a fake

or even......dare i say...just to be a bully.

I think that we should let the past be the past, stay away from the McDojos and all at least try to be one big MA family

Now don't we all just feel warm inside, it all the feelings of togetherness.

Status
Not open for further replies.