Do you learn defending yourself against common attacks in your martial art?

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I only train against uncommon attacks. I can take being punched in the face. It's the dildo thrusts I worry about.

For those that missed the reference, here's the video ...dildo defense starts at about 1:20 --

senseiblackbelt

Green Belt
Reaction score
Is this a part of your training:

Like for example defending against being pushed or defending against being grabbed by the hand or being choked?

Or is this not really a part of traditional martial arts cause these attacks are too much based on reality?

'defense against being pushed'? someone pushes u u push em back. simple.

senseiblackbelt

Green Belt
Reaction score
One time my employer attacked me with a hand grab, after claiming she wanted to do a 'handshake' (wuts a handshake?)
My boxing really came to the rescue. I circled to the left and fired off the jab, followed up with a right cross to the chin, left hook to the liver, then i headbutted her because it was a life-and-death self defense situation. To think the company blamed ME for it! :bear:

did u end up finding a new job?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Keep the conversation family friendly, in accordance with the TOS.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Is this a part of your training:

Like for example defending against being pushed or defending against being grabbed by the hand or being choked?

Or is this not really a part of traditional martial arts cause these attacks are too much based on reality?
Why wouldn't it be?