Do we need a "Tactical and Combatives forum"?

Do we need a "Tactical and Combatives forum"?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We've had a few requests for a forum covering Tactical and Combatives concepts in the past. As a test of the waters, I' asking folks, should MT add a forum specifically for this?

Thank you.

(Poll runs until the end of Dec.)

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I see no harm in the addition of such a forum, through any "tactical" issues are also more than welcome at The Martialist's forum (given the focus of the publication).

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
We've had a few requests for a forum covering Tactical and Combatives concepts in the past. As a test of the waters, I' asking folks, should MT add a forum specifically for this?

Thank you.

(Poll runs until the end of Dec.)

So what subjects could be covered there that aren't covered in another forum?

- Ceicei

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tactical/Combative training is what the military/police currently teach (for those units that actually get it) it concentrates on quick instruction (shake n' bake), is more "offensive" in nature than "defensive" and dosent really focus on personal/internal development (its not really an "art") vs. martial art where there is a component of personal development and more detailed and extended instruction. Krav Maga is more on the "combatives" side of the house than say "Shotokan".

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tgace
Tactical/Combative training is what the military/police currently teach (for those units that actually get it) it concentrates on quick instruction (shake n' bake), is more "offensive" in nature than "defensive" and dosent really focus on personal/internal development (its not really an "art") vs. martial art where there is a component of personal development and more detailed and extended instruction. Krav Maga is more on the "combatives" side of the house than say "Shotokan".

Thank you for your explanation. This makes sense to me. Yes, there would be a need for a forum like that.

- Ceicei

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The methods, mentality, mindset, and issues of legalities are distinctly different from a martial artist as compared to someone who trains tactical and combatives.

I think one of the reasons why is because the art is stripped to only what is necessary and works in the tactical and combatives community.
Articles and concepts from Hock Hochheim, Jim Wagner, and others can be covered as well.

I think that everyone can benefit and learn from this forum.

Palusut

Latest Discussions