do i need a pill?

L

lonekimono

This happen the other day,(brain freeze) i was teaching the jr"s
and when i got to this teq i stood there and i could not think how
it went? i looked at one of my jr student's and (lol) she said the first part is when you step up to 11 o clock.
well is it old age? and I KNOW this had to happen to others?
anyway after that the teq was no problem.

yours in kenpo
dear sir would you read my book,it took me years to write would you take a look?
:confused:

OP
K

Kroy

Just a brain freeze, we all had them. How long have you been teaching?:asian:

OP
K

Kroy

Originally posted by lonekimono
well i stated in 1965,got my 1st in 75 you do the math

yours in kenpo:confused:

I kind of figured from your profile that you had a number of years teaching, I get brain freezes now and again and it's refreshing to know that someone at your level gets them as well. Thanks for your reply.

Kroy

OP
L

lonekimono

i hope it don't get worst:D

yours in kenpo

OP
T

tunetigress

This happen the other day,(brain freeze) i was teaching the jr"s
and when i got to this teq i stood there and i could not think how
it went? i looked at one of my jr student's and (lol) she said the first part is when you step up to 11 o clock.
well is it old age? and I KNOW this had to happen to others?
anyway after that the teq was no problem.

yours in kenpo

Naaaaw, you don't need a pill, chemicals just mess up the brain even worse. I get those 'Alzheimer's moments' from solvent exposure, and know many people that get brain freeze and memory loss from the neuro-toxic vapors from all types of commonly used solvent based products. Try eliminating all sources of perfume, air fresheners, nationally-advertised cleaning products and any other fumes or smoke and see if it continues.

OP
L

lonekimono

thank you i'll sleep better at night

yours in kenpo:rofl:

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was gonna post something here but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was.....
Happens to the best of us from time to time.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm no instructor by no means, I'm just a serious student who has been going at it for a few years now. However, I too do get those cerebral locks every now and then when I'm asked to help train the lower ranking students. D'oh!!! :(

No worries though, after thinking it through for a while it all comes back... :D

OP
L

lonekimono

woke up got out of bed,draged the comb arcross my head,,
made my way down stares and had a cup,looking up i notice i was
late,grabed my coat and grabed my hat i made the bus seconds
flat,someone spoke and i fell into a dream.

i must be going of the deep end,why would i wake up at 2:19 am and this shi# is in my head??
i tell I NEED A PILL,

yours in kenpo
who's on first? what's on second.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
woke up got out of bed,draged the comb arcross my head,,
made my way down stares and had a cup,looking up i notice i was
late,grabed my coat and grabed my hat i made the bus seconds
flat,someone spoke and i fell into a dream.

i must be going of the deep end,why would i wake up at 2:19 am and this shi# is in my head??
i tell I NEED A PILL,

yours in kenpo :confused:

Yup!!! I like that old school Beatles stuff too... :ultracool

OP
L

lonekimono

:D that always works,at least for me

the smile that is
yours in kenpo

OP
K

Kroy

I remember just before Black Belt exam I went blank. I was down in the locker room warming up, I was a little nervous knowing that there was about 60 people waiting to watch. I tried to run through some techniques in my mind and I couldnt remember a thing. I grabbed my manual to ease my mind and it just got worse. I felt like running out the back door. When the test started I was in the zone and aced everything. I guess you just gotta trust in your training.:asian:

OP
C

chufeng

I usually run into this issue when teaching a basic form...
(and I prctice the basic forms a lot more than the advanced sets).
I will start with one form and somewhere in the middle switch to another form and realize it several moves later...
My students are understanding, though...they reassure me as they wipe the drool from my chin...when training is done I put on my shawl and grab my cane and limp home.

;)
chufeng

OP
J

Jill666

LOL @ chufeng-

I don't instruct but I do field a lot of questions the kyu students. I find if I don't try to think and just start the kata, muscle memory will prevail.

But I do have a deep appreciation for those who teach- it ain't easy to start in the middle, or go slow while explaining and not 'f' up... someone just said that in a thread and I totally agree.

Don't take a pill just let the moment happen- maybe your psyche is trying to say something your conscious mind doesn't yet know.

Or maybe I'm FOS and we both need a pill. :D

I do like tune's idea of eschewing any chemical solvents etc. though from your immediate environment.

Latest Discussions