Divers Fight Off Dragons To Survive

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thought this story was interesting. Here be dragons. ... ok just one but it's bad enough.

Stranded divers chase off Komodo dragon on island

By ALI KOTARUMALOS, Associated Press Writer Sun Jun 8, 2:14 PM ET
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080608/ap_on_re_as/indonesia_divers
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Scuba divers swept away in strong currents survived 12 hours in shark-infested waters before scrambling onto a remote Indonesian island where they faced yet another threat: a Komodo dragon.

The divers — three from Britain and one each from France and Sweden — came face-to-face with the giant, carnivorous lizard on Rinca's palm-fringed beach, and fought it off by pelting it with rocks and pieces of wood, Pariman, a port official said Sunday.

"Luckily, they were able to chase it away," said Pariman, who, like many Indonesians, goes by only one name.

The beasts have sharp, serrated teeth and often come out when they smell something new, including humans — whom they've been known to kill, Pariman said.
Here's a little more about these fearsome creatures.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...s&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=1&ct=image&cd=2
From what I know about them... their bite is pretty gruesome and deadly even if you manage to get away from them... they have a bite like a pit-bull, takes a lot to get one to let go. Their mouths are filled with bacteria and other nasties and thus a bite will get quickly infected and if not treated right away a person can die from blood poisoning.

Hey, at least they don't fly and breathe fire.

Attachments

• $DRAGON 01.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 170
  • $DRAGON 02.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 172
OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Attachments

• $DRAGON 03.jpg
    $DRAGON 03.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 172

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Ahriman

Green Belt
Reaction score
Now that's luck... meeting a single dragon instead of a full pack. Monitors are my favourite lizards, and I'm sure as hell that I'd choose an armed attacker over a single Komodo monitor any day.

Latest Discussions