Distance Learning v. Seminars v. Studio/Classes

M

MartialArtsGuy

Back on topic now

JBKENPO

I have been saying that forever. Too much prettyness, no intent, too fast to work, plain unrealistic body mechanics, silly sound effects. I agree with Doc and you.

I feel there are alot of ineffective interpretations of kenpo out there.

That is why a good insrtuctor is so important. A video is not going to be able to show you an effective application of something conceptual. Well I guess the guy on the video could, but if you dont understand how the technique was made effective, you'll need some one physically there to help you.

The real sad thing is that there are alot of kenpoists out there with an instructor and they still learn a bad interpretation.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by MartialArtsGuy
The real sad thing is that there are alot of kenpoists out there with an instructor and they still learn a bad interpretation.

You have reminded me how old this debate is.

This is the Same debate as to whether or not you can learn from the manuals without an instructor.

I think video is far superior to a written technique manual/description. But the same issues apply. No matter what it looks like or how it sounds, you can not FULLY understand what is going on without Feeling it.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by cdhall
No matter what it looks like or how it sounds, you can not FULLY understand what is going on without Feeling it.

Hmmmmmmmm, seems to me "someone" said...."To hear is to doubt, to see is to be deceived, but to feel......... is to BELIEVE".

Now let me think,..... who was that.... tapping fingers on head and looking up towards the ceiling pondering......

:asian:

J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by cdhall
I'm almost entirely certain that we are now off topic.

I just wanted to say something before a Moderator did and Brian Hunter logged back in to quit over it.
:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Latest Discussions