Dislocated shoulder

lenjee

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

actually did not really feel like training today. It has been a lot of volume and intensity the last few weeks. However I decided to do some easy get ups. Since I can use 40kg for solid 5×1 with no more than 2 mins of rest between sets, I thought 32kg would be appropriate.

Long story short I ended up dislocating my left shoulder. Went to the hospital and had it relocated after some struggle...I now have to wear a gadget that fixes my shoulder in place for one week. The doc advices me to undergo an MRT to see if there is further damage. If there is no further injury he said I could start training again in 2weeks. Since I have not been taking any

longer rest for years now, I will take one week completeley off. Once I start again I will resign to any overhead pressing and dips including get ups.
My main focus was on oapu (did 5x3 with dead stop yestersay)and pistols right now (obviously pistols should be not too much of a problem).

Could you guys give me any recommendation on how to proceed in order to get back on the oapu track?

OP
L

lenjee

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

actually did not really feel like training today. It has been a lot of volume and intensity the last few weeks. However I decided to do some easy get ups. Since I can use 40kg for solid 5×1 with no more than 2 mins of rest between sets, I thought 32kg would be appropriate.

Long story short I ended up dislocating my left shoulder. Went to the hospital and had it relocated after some struggle...I now have to wear a gadget that fixes my shoulder in place for one week. The doc advices me to undergo an MRT to see if there is further damage. If there is no further injury he said I could start training again in 2weeks. Since I have not been taking any

longer rest for years now, I will take one week completeley off. Once I start again I will resign to any overhead pressing and dips including get ups.
My main focus was on oapu (did 5x3 with dead stop yestersay)and pistols right now (obviously pistols should be not too much of a problem) check here https://doctor.global/blog/recurrent-shoulder-dislocation-prevention-treatment-and-recovery/.

Could you guys give me any recommendation on how to proceed in order to get back on the oapu track?
thanks in advance for any help

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
There are a couple of people here who are professionals in physical therapy. But you may need to talk to a professional fitness trainer with a great skill set after getting the OK from your orthopedic guy.

This is not a martial art question at all. What spurred you to post this here?

I'm only responding so I can brag that I used to be able to do 8 one arm pushups and 3 one leg deep knee bends (which I thought more risky than beneficial). Good luck with your recovery.

Latest Discussions