Discussion Of Wing Chun Internal Training

Parky

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Some good comments in this video! My teacher made a comment about Internal training. Imagine learning to ride a bike. Can anyone really tell you and explain in words all the things involved in how to ride a bike? No, it's actually too complicated. You can't read about how to balance yourself on a bike and then know how to do it. You have to actually get on a bike and fall down a bunch of times until you get it. But once you got it, you got it. And as was said in the video, I believe, you have to work with a teacher who knows the internal aspects and physically work with them in order to get it. Reading about internal aspects is only valuable after you know internal aspects, otherwise it's all just allot of babble, and once you understand internal practice who cares to read about it.

I would add this though. A good teacher will help you establish the proper body structure and then give some visualizations to help you get things moving internally. Then that same teacher should be able to help you to start testing that internal condition. This is why reading and/or Skyping with a teacher, no matter how good they are, is wasted time, if you want to learn internal MA.

Just my humble opinion based on my own limited experience.

Latest Discussions