Didn't you read the sign?!?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
since when have criminals read or obeyed laws and rules if they did they would not be criminals

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
since when have criminals read or obeyed laws and rules if they did they would not be criminals

No, unfortunately they never abide by the laws. That is why we as citizen's have to be prepared to defend ourselves because in the end and in the moment it will probably be just you vs. the criminal.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And my mother in law wonders why I don't patronize places that have a no gun policy.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wonderful theory that the safest thing to do is to "give the criminals what they want"..... except they so often want to torture and molest your child, rape your wife and shoot you repeatedly for the fun of it. Then what?

I won't go to places that specify "No Guns"..... to me it means "No Customers"

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The line that caught my eye in the article was "anti-self-defense crowd". Anti-self defense??? Are they kidding?
THAT'S what gives criminals the wherewithal to do what they do.
Sheep.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You mean the criminal broke the law? Unpossible!

I bet it was the employee's fault! Blame BUSH! Dick Cheney must have put the gun in the criminal's hand!

This just goes to show you 'gun free' zones mearly mean 'victim zones'.

Deaf

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
yep.. if criminals fallowed laws they would not be criminals .. would they?!?

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We obviously need stricter gun laws to prevent future incidents like this... :rolleyes:

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
How about less sheep instead.

Always less sheep. Like has been said, "a pack, and not a herd" is how the good folk ought to act.

Wasn't all that long ago that people didn't even lock their doors.

If more people instead of addicting their safety to the government stood up and accepted responsiblitiy for their and their loved ones defense, an awful lot of this two-bit crime would vanish. Sure there would be a few hard core that don't care, but most would.

Deaf

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Always less sheep. Like has been said, "a pack, and not a herd" is how the good folk ought to act.

Wasn't all that long ago that people didn't even lock their doors.

If more people instead of addicting their safety to the government stood up and accepted responsiblitiy for their and their loved ones defense, an awful lot of this two-bit crime would vanish. Sure there would be a few hard core that don't care, but most would.

Deaf
I like the times back in the mid to late 1800's where folks openly carried and there were no stupid gun laws to say a person cannot have this or that and would not worry about being arrested for shooting someone that broke into their home or was threatening their lives.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wonderful theory that the safest thing to do is to "give the criminals what they want"..... except they so often want to torture and molest your child, rape your wife and shoot you repeatedly for the fun of it. Then what?

I won't go to places that specify "No Guns"..... to me it means "No Customers"
Hey, but at least you have the smug moral high ground satisfaction of declaring that you didn't resist, and hence, 'didn't contribute to the cycle of violence'! ;)

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I like the times back in the mid to late 1800's where folks openly carried and there were no stupid gun laws to say a person cannot have this or that and would not worry about being arrested for shooting someone that broke into their home or was threatening their lives.

I'm sorry Caver, but except for on the range, in the 1800s most cities prohibited open carry of firearms. In Texas, were I'm at, the law after the Civil War stated until 1992 that one could only carry if they were 'traveling' or in their house or business. And the 'traveling' was so vauge it pretty much ment at least an overnight stay sevearl counties over. Lots of people got arrested and covicted with that law.

The shows like "Dodge City' are a myth.

Deaf

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
In Texas, were I'm at, the law after the Civil War stated until 1992 that one could only carry if they were 'traveling' or in their house or business. And the 'traveling' was so vauge it pretty much ment at least an overnight stay sevearl counties over. Lots of people got arrested and covicted with that law.

The shows like "Dodge City' are a myth.

Deaf
damn carpetbaggers! :D

Latest Discussions