Did you know this about Tiger Balm?

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Straight quote from the site:

Tiger Balm Soft
The younger generation who loves aromatherapy will appreciate Tiger Balm Soft. This topical analgesic ointment with a light lavender fragrance and soft texture works fast and effectively to relieve headaches, stuffy nose, insect bites, itchiness, muscular aches and pains, sprains and flatulence.

ROLFLMFAO.... what? You rub it in your butt crack? LMAO....and it has a "light lavender fragrance"....BWAHAHAHA....

...sorry...I'm a guy and it is potty humor after all. It wouldn't be so funny if it weren't actually marketed that way.

Check it out if you think I'm kidding.
http://www.tigerbalm.com/index.php?id=14

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey, if something gets me away from flatulence whilst rolling on the mat, then I'm all for it. I feel bad for my training partner, and tapped myself out when I accidentally let loose my "hadouken"...

I had eggs for breakfast... lots of them.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hope it isn't like their white/red kinds. That would burn!!

It reminded me of that old SNL skit where they have the strawberry etc. suppositories and someone farts in the board meeting and the female is offended and then says "Oh, wait is that strawberry? MMMMMM" (or something similiar to that)

What I want to know is, who thought of that? Was it some perve who got caught in marketing and was like "no, wait.....you can use it for your flatlulance...no REALLY!" That's why I had my pants down, seriously!

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have heard similar results with Vick's vapor rub for headaches.

I don't think I would rub Tiger balm close to my nose.

I am guessing the smell works similar to Ginger?:confused:

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hmm... Christmas gifts ideas! One for my boyfriend...

F

foggymorning162

I love the smell of lavender but if your putting it there.... I'm not smelling it!!!!!!!!

F

foggymorning162

I checked it out and TB white also says it is good for stomach flatulance? Maybe your supposed to eat it:barf:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:lfao: :lfao::lfao:

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
I put some pn my arm after a hard workout today. I then let one rip. It does not work as advertised!

Peace,
Erik

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Tiger balm rocks! Havent ever seen the lavender kind nor would i ever rub in into my butt.

When i moved to europe i found white tiger balm for the first time because as i kid all i ever had was the red kind. Most recently i discovered dragon and tiger balm which is similar to red tiger balm but has sanguis draconis in it, im guessing a further herbal ingredient.

coincidentally, just yesterday i almost overdosed on tiger balm again. sortof like alchohol, it's really hard to know the limits of the stuff. From now on i will limit to applying the stuff to a maximum of about 2 to 3 spots. because i rub so much of it in in so many spots that my whole body feels like im having a hypothermia attack. just have to ride it out though...do the mr miyagi thing with your hands over and over and it eventually turns into a comfortable kind of heat. At first though i though i would freeze to death and the only solution was to take off my shirt....doesnt make sense i know. good thing i didnt rub it too close to my buttcrack cause that would have killed me fo shua

what's really cool is china oil because it's edible. white flower oil is similar to it but i dont think it's edible.. in the east there are tons of various types of similar balms.

when i was a kid of 16 i entered the tigerbalm martial arts competition in vancouver. was a cool experience.

j

shihansmurf

Black Belt
Reaction score
At the risk of being really crass, I got some Tiger Balm on my *ahem* "smurfy bits", once. I had thought I had washed up well enough after applying it to my knee and then popped off to the bathroom. A few minutes later I was in a rather impressive amount of pain.It was what I imagine napalm would feel like.

I would have to have some pretty bad poots to even consider this.

Mark

Now Mrs. Smurf is a deep sleeper........:xtrmshock

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
at the risk of being really crass, i got some tiger balm on my *ahem* "smurfy bits", once. I had thought i had washed up well enough after applying it to my knee and then popped off to the bathroom. A few minutes later i was in a rather impressive amount of pain.it was what i imagine napalm would feel like.

I would have to have some pretty bad poots to even consider this.

Mark

now mrs. Smurf is a deep sleeper........:xtrmshock
tmi

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
This smells like some fiendish oriental plot of a rival company to destroy the marketing of Tiger Balm in the USA.

Once it gets downwind that American males won't be able to let off huge blasts with their buddies, or that said eruptions will be tiny and smell like lavender, the Tiger Balm market share will vanish like, well, a fart in a sandstorm.

Any company with a nose to the pulse of the USA would know that the product should claim to cure headaches, fade bruises, soften pain... and empower you produce titanic farts that will awe your friends and drive women from the abode until the Giants gane is over.