DF: whats your lineage???

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
whats your lineage???
By JadeDragon - 04-28-2009 03:58 PM
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums

====================

I got this idea to ask this question from another thread when a certain person refused to answer the question of who his teachers were and what was their lineage.

I'll start it with telling mine.....

My teacher is Master John Dufresne (8th level black sash). He studied under Great Grandmaster John Wing Lok Ng. The title of grandmaster was passed on to the new grandmaster of our system, Tim Pickens. Great Grandmaster John Ng learned his kung fu from his grandfather back in mainland China. His grandfather was a broom maker and taught their family's style of kung. I don't remember the name of the grandfather he learned it from though, the name slips my mind at the moment. During the cultural revolution martial arts were banned from being taught so GGM John Ng escaped mainland China with 9 others and came to the United States. GGM John Ng settled in Bowling Green, Ky where he attended Western Ky. University on a student visa and taught kung fu to a few locals and students to make some extra cash. This is where the first Four Seasons Kung Fu School was located before moving to Lexington, Ky.

What is everybody else's lineage???
And this thread was not started with the intentions of "calling people out" on their lineage or to argue with one another.

Read More...

------------------------------------
Defend.net Post Bot - CMA Feed

zepedawingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
whats your lineage???
By JadeDragon - 04-28-2009 03:58 PM
Originally Posted at: Deluxe Forums
====================

My teacher is Master John Dufresne (8th level black sash). He studied under Great Grandmaster John Wing Lok Ng. The title of grandmaster was passed on to the new grandmaster of our system, Tim Pickens. Great Grandmaster John Ng learned his kung fu from his grandfather back in mainland China. His grandfather was a broom maker and taught their family's style of kung. . . . .

What is everybody else's lineage??? And this thread was not started with the intentions of "calling people out" on their lineage or to argue with one another.

You give your lineage, but that doesn't state what system it is, unless it happens to be 'Broom Making Style' kung fu. Don't know anything about your sifu, never heard the name, or any of the names you list. So, what system is it, Wing Chun, CLT, Mantis, Hung Gar, Bak Mei, what?

I'm not affraid to list my lineage, I practice Wing Chun.
zepedawingchun - Francis Fong - Jiu Wan - Chan Mim - Chan Wah Shun

Latest Discussions