Dating in the Dojo

Do you think its appropriate to date someone you meet in the dojo?

• Sure, why not?

• Maybe, but you have to be careful and think about what might happen if things don't work out.

• yes, but only between students, students and instructors dating is inappropriate

• no, its never appropriate

Results are only viewable after voting.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
And, how about if we change the heading of this thread to
DATING in the DOJANG since there are Korean MA practitioners exchanging thoughts and ideas up in here!!!
Are we the forgotten Arts or what... ;)

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
And, how about if we change the heading of this thread to
DATING in the DOJANG since there are Korean MA practitioners exchanging thoughts and ideas up in here!!!
Are we the forgotten Arts or what... ;)

Most American Kenpoists don't call it a Dojo .. We call it a Studio :)

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seig and Cali!! I was just wondering where the two of you had disappeared to. I know that Seig was off huntin' Bambi (when's dinner?). Cali, I hope you didn't have any problems with the fires out there. Nothing really to add to the thread, just wanted to say howdy to the two of you.

Steve, your posts often read like a pro/con report. Plenty of detailed info and lots of embellishments. Think more along the line of a SITREP for your posts and you'll be a blackbelt in no time:D Glad to see another old Leatherneck that can put more than two words together at a time to disprove the old stereotype.
Semper Fi.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by theletch1
Seig and Cali!! I was just wondering where the two of you had disappeared to. I know that Seig was off huntin' Bambi (when's dinner?). Cali, I hope you didn't have any problems with the fires out there. Nothing really to add to the thread, just wanted to say howdy to the two of you.

Steve, your posts often read like a pro/con report. Plenty of detailed info and lots of embellishments. Think more along the line of a SITREP for your posts and you'll be a blackbelt in no time:D Glad to see another old Leatherneck that can put more than two words together at a time to disprove the old stereotype.
Semper Fi.
Bambi is in a cooler beside my house awaiting the final date with my knife.

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
Steve, I sympathize with you. Now I have to kick Chronuss, Rusty and Fuzzy in their respective heads.......

ME!!! Yicks, what did i do now? :( . I haven't been on here for a while any how so I had to give someone a hard time who better than Chronuss and Rusty :D

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by FUZZYJ692000
ME!!! Yicks, what did i do now? :( . I haven't been on here for a while any how so I had to give someone a hard time who better than Chronuss and Rusty :D
You just haven't been around enough lately, so you need to be kicked in the head.

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
What am I? chicken livers :( *G*

No i don't like liver of any sort except for my own. No Chronuss and Rusty are just more fun to harass cause they normally deserve it. Don't want to harass you too much you didn't get the quenn of pain thing for no reason

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
Most American Kenpoists don't call it a Dojo .. We call it a Studio :)

We just call it "Vic's Basement"

Hehe

C

c2kenpo

Since I am just getting back into the swing of things again.

My answer is I cannot stop students from dating each other. I can only offer advice and warnings about potential hazzards that they might encounter if a problem should arise and both of them come to class.
However as an instructor it is not my place to deem who can date whom.

Instructor - student dating. I am against this for too many reasons to list. However there have been people who ask me if assistants can date. I feel that it is within thier rights as individuals however I would suggest extreme caution and care in that relationship.

First and foremost tho is the happiness and wellbeing of the students.

JMHO

Dave :asian:

E

edhead2000

what? he's cute! :) probably taken, but at least he's not sleeping with everyone in the studio......unless he's gay. :rolleyes: would be my luck.

Latest Discussions