Dana White is sick of Roy Nelson's crying

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
10-23-2009 03:05 PM:

Now that Kimbo is out of the running for the The Ultimate Fighter title (unless he gets a second fight) the trash talking has begun amongst the other cast members. Mike Wessel suggested that Kimbo got special treatment when his wife, family and manager were allowed to watch his fight against Roy Nelson. That's odd because TUF cast members are supposed to be cutoff from the outside world during the taping of the show. When told about the complaining, Dana White exploded during the UFC 104 prefight conference (0:45 mark):

"I've never seen such [expletive] crybabies as the heavyweights in my life. Not only did Kimbo not get any special treatment on the show but he had a target on his back. The only difference between Kimbo and all the other guys was that if Kimbo made it into the UFC he had a bigger contract."

White was then told that Nelson called him a "puppet master" and that Kimbo had a special media room, and could use the phone anytime he wanted to (2:10 mark):

"Roy Nelson is a moron, he's an idiot. Interview him some time, you'll find out. The guy really is that dumb?"

White said Kimbo was treated just like everyone else:

"Never once did the guy use the phone to call anybody. He didn't get any special privilege. And if he did, I'd [expletive] tell you. I'd go 'you're damn right we gave him special treatment, we pulled seven million viewers with him. If he wants to use the phone, he can use the phone. I'd tell you."

When asked by Cagewriter if Kimbo was fighting on TUF 5 Finale on Dec. 5 or UFC 107 in Memphis, White refused to confirm or deny. There are strong rumors that Kimbo is fighting light heavyweight Houston Alexander. It is unknown if the fight would be at heavyweight or down at 205 pounds.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions