Courtesy cards

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ticket avoidance aint hard..

1.Just dont go cruising around with the music played so loud that the Bass speakers are shaking the rust loose from your undercarrage..

2. Make sure your license and insurance info is always with you and current.

3. BE POLITE!!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ticket avoidance aint hard..

1.Just dont go cruising around with the music played so loud that the Bass speakers are shaking the rust loose from your undercarrage..

2. Make sure your license and insurance info is always with you and current.

3. BE POLITE!!

I have not had one in years, but with Zachary starting to drive one never knows. Beside I have nothing but respect to all police and fire and rescue personnal.

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have not had one in years, but with Zachary starting to drive one never knows. Beside I have nothing but respect to all police and fire and rescue personnal.

Zach should have no problems..That respect sometimes is replaced by anger and outrage when one realizes that a ticket is forthcoming.

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another item that needs to be addressed is the Police Booster Stickers. Police Unions and Benevolent organizations will have fund raisers, for a small donation you get a sticker that can be placed of your vehicle. Police officers appreciate your donation, as they help to fund some worthwhile programs.

You can plaster your vehicle with them ( and I have seen that) but if you get stupid with the issuing officer you will still get a ticket.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What Drac mentioned above is very true regarding FOP stickers, etc. It is appreciated but in the end the way you handle yourself with the officer and of course what you were doing will decide your fate!

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
The officer must be a member of the F.O.P or other such union in order to have them issued to them.

Here officers have their own personal business cards that are used for the same purpose. The officer typically has to write a personal phone number on the back that can be contacted to verify that the person is supposed to be in possession of his card.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here officers have their own personal business cards that are used for the same purpose. The officer typically has to write a personal phone number on the back that can be contacted to verify that the person is supposed to be in possession of his card.
And where I am... we hand out business cards all the time. We give 'em to victims and complainants and the like. A business card won't carry any weight... though I did like the guy who tried to name drop because of a card. That he had from a case I was familiar with... Uh oh... :(

Best way to avoid a ticket? Don't break the law in the first place. Since, realistically, that ain't gonna happen all the time... See prior posts.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Same here. That's why we don't put our home phone numbers on our business cards. ;)

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Long before I put on the badge I was stopped more times than I care to recall. I was always polite, had my DL, registration and proof of insurance even before that was mandatory. I think I only got one traffiic cite and I deserved. Even now I still get stopped, hey I got a lead foot what can I say.. I am still polite and have my papers out..My retirement badge is also visible, I usually get a warning to slow my butt down..

Latest Discussions