Counter for "bear hug"

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have you ever poked your finger into an eye of cow, pig, sheep, or ... To take out an eyeball with your finger is not a pleasant training experience. - I would say even poking an eyeball would be unpleasant for many people, as well as to the pokee of course.

In the army, there are 2 kind of soldiers. Those who has killed and those who hasn't. IMO, you can't call yourself a real soldier if you have not kill any enemy. - I guess I can see what you are trying to say, but that is a poor to silly example. What do you call the man in uniform who has killed but doesn't know it; a bomber pilot, an artilleryman?

If you have not

- knocked down anybody, you can't call yourself a striker. - How about if I push them over backwards, am I a striker?
- taken down anybody, you can't call yourself a wrestler. - Oboy oboy oboy, I am a wrestler!
- poked anybody's eye ball out, you cannot call yourself an "eye poker". :) - I don't even want to call myself an "eye poker." - I would be satisfied and happy if I could gouge an eye. So, should it be said I like to gouge people?

You just can't call yourself an "eye poker" if you don't have a jar like this.

eyeball_in_jar.jpg

So what do you do with a jar like you have pictured? I have heard of people who were purported to like cooked cow eyes to eat, but never met one to my knowledge.

I did see a young boy on Korea TV who liked to eat fish eyes off the fish heads when there were served. But that is a magnitude of order different, smaller and he didn't eat them from jars.

Last edited:

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So what do you do with a jar like you have pictured? I have heard of people who were purported to like cooked cow eyes to eat, but never met one to my knowledge.

I did see a young boy on Korea TV who liked to eat fish eyes off the fish heads when there were served. But that is a magnitude of order different, smaller and he didn't eat them from jars.
I’ve got cow’s eyes in sealed bags in my classroom. We dissect them in my grade 8 and 9 science classes when we cover how the eye works and eye anatomy. It’s a big hit in our school.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I’ve got cow’s eyes in sealed bags in my classroom. We dissect them in my grade 8 and 9 science classes when we cover how the eye works and eye anatomy. It’s a big hit in our school.

One day when I was in 10th grade, two neighbors did some butchering. I asked for the eyes of the cows to take to my biology teacher. I thought she might like to do the same thing you do. Somehow she wasn't as favorable impressed I thought she would be. Do you cook them first? I have heard that hardens them, but that probably would make some parts of the eye anatomy harder to show.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
One day when I was in 10th grade, two neighbors did some butchering. I asked for the eyes of the cows to take to my biology teacher. I thought she might like to do the same thing you do. Somehow she wasn't as favorable impressed I thought she would be. Do you cook them first? I have heard that hardens them, but that probably would make some parts of the eye anatomy harder to show.
They come preserved in sealed bags. Cooking them would probably make them quite difficult to cut through the muscles surrounding them and would most likely ruin stuff in them.

And I wouldn’t want to cook them at home. My wife and daughters would need to be out of the house, and I wouldn’t be able to eat anything that came out of those pots again :(

This reminds me...
I need to ask a parents who are avid hunters to save me some deer hearts for dissection.

Latest Discussions