Congratulations to My Father are In Order.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
My father, one of the hardest working most humble people I have ever met was awarded 6th dan in Hapkido March 8, 2008. Also GGM Hildebrand was awarded his 6th dan in Hapkido as well.

There are too many reasons to congratulate these men that I can mention. However, I will say this GGM Hildebrand began in MSK Hapkido in 1969. Dad started in 1973. They have always worked hard to build the best black belts they could. But it is a 2 way street. As an instructor of Yudo I work very hard for my students. However, it is up to them to do their part as well.

I am humbled and proud of both of these accomplished men because they have always put their students and the memory of Lee H. Park and his hapkido before their own goals and wants.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats to both!! Certainly quite an achievement!!!

Mike

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Awraaaaaa!! :highfive:

That's great news, Matt. Honor to those who merit it... sounds like both these fine men have worked hard to build up MAs careers solidly based in integrity. Good for them!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is nice to see real true Martial Artist like your father and GM Hhildebrand, they have waited for there time and it came with a bang for them. I wish more MA'ist would do the same. Congrats.:partyon:

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations to both of these dedicated martial artists :asian:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations to both! Well deserved!
icon14.gif

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Matt, I've come to understand, through our conversations, the deep love and reverance that you have for your father. To have him as a role model, not just in the martial arts but in real life as well is truly a blessing for you. It's great to see the true admiration and pride that you exude in this announcement. Congratulations to your father and GGM Hildebrand.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations to both men on their Dan rankings. Thanks for sharing this, Matt. Glad you have such good men around you.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
My father, one of the hardest working most humble people I have ever met ...

To illustrate just how true this is (Matt's dad is my instructor, for those of you who didn't know or forgot),

I didn't know until reading this post!

I don't think anybody else in the class knows, either.

OP
matt.m

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
To illustrate just how true this is (Matt's dad is my instructor, for those of you who didn't know or forgot),

I didn't know until reading this post!

I don't think anybody else in the class knows, either.

He's right about not knowing. I told dad the Monday after the announcement. He said "Ok, Hey I think it was great that Rick Schutt received 6th dan in TKD, and Jim Sautel received his 7th dan."

It just reinforces "The humble ones." GGM Hildebrand didn't tell me he received his 8th in TKD and 6th in Hapkido until I asked the following. "Sir, you were promoted as well correct?"

His reply was, "Yeah" and went to help the little guys with poomsea.

Kwanjang

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Matt, You know how I feel about your father. Truly humble and most of all noble. a true Master in every sense of the word! (respectful bow)

Live Long and Prosper

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have no idea how I missed this thread.

Matt, congratulations to your father and to you - what a wonderful example to have and follow.
:asian:

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm with Shesulsa- sorry I didn't see this sooner! Congratulations to you both!

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I must have missed this studying for one of my own tests, but Conratulations to your Dad Matt, that's a huge achievement!

Last edited:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Outstanding!!! Please convey my congrats to both of them from the Prince of Darkness..

Latest Discussions