Comparing WC with russian Systema

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
To be honest I have mad respect for many different arts...like Karate, Hung Gar, Xing Yi Quan, Kickboxing Muay Thai to name a few. But some arts I think are not as authentic looking as Karate or Tiger and Crane.

But Si-je actually likes the systema...I am not interested in it. I rather learn Jeet Kune Do or Hapkido over it. But its my opinion. If i were going that way I would rather learn the defensive arts from the American Army. Since they are the army kicking the worlds ****. I rather learn the combatives of special forces and green bereas. But thats my opinion...It may be a great art. I personally have never seen anyone actually fight with it...

Do you have an youtube fights where someone uses it in competitions or and actual street fight?

Points you made:
simlutanious attack and defense, tan for redirection and biu tan to the eye as an attac in the techique

Well the delivery and structure to me looked unstabled. I would more than likely just shoot for his legs and stomp on his scrotums when the guy was on the ground. As for defend and attack most styles have this even karate. As for redirection and eye strikes. Most styles when teaching street fighting techniques teach this as well...Even Tae Kwon Do has Strike for eyes with biu.

Eru Ilúvatar;1108359 said:
ea, he shows that of a lot. It may look fake or something but when you wath many of his videos and at diffrent speeds you see he is quite good. Shame there isn't the one with his sensitivety against knife attacks demo on youtube. Thats a good one!

Ok.. I can accepts that. But I was positive that any WChunner would see simlutanious attack and defense, tan for redirection and biu tan to the eye as an attac in the techique at 2min 55sec. And as I remember there are quite a few techiques like that demonstrated. I'm not saying it's exactly WC but damn try just for a sec and focus on the similarities and things that would work very welll instead of the diffrences and whats so lousy. Cuz sure, I guess if you look at any video for long enough you can see faults in it. The attacker could attack better, the techniques could be done better etc. And if you watch any video of any master on youtube and look at the comments below you'll see thats true. You can never satisfy everybody. It's funny though how everybody claims that what they train is the best and everything else is second grade... We can't all be right can we? so whats the truth? :)

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not Army hon,. they be doing BJJ. :(
You'd like the USMC MCMAP training better. Has anti-grappling in it thanks to Sifu Hubbie training with Sifu Emin, Kempo, Judo, MT, JJJ, etc...
Marine Recon has cooler stuff, they just fight more and need it.
Systema, it seems would be great on the other thread about integrating a MA withing a Military system. It seems it is their entire military system, philosophy of combat. Used with weapons, guns, hand to hand, etc. Either it's what their military has devised into a MA or a Russian MA that has been fully integreated into a militarys operations. Or both.
It's just cool beans.

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I wonder if Xing Yi would be a great art to use in the army?

After all Xing Yi uses the spear. Maybe they can modify the spear techniques for the rifle.

Not Army hon,. they be doing BJJ. :(
You'd like the USMC MCMAP training better. Has anti-grappling in it thanks to Sifu Hubbie training with Sifu Emin, Kempo, Judo, MT, JJJ, etc...
Marine Recon has cooler stuff, they just fight more and need it.
Systema, it seems would be great on the other thread about integrating a MA withing a Military system. It seems it is their entire military system, philosophy of combat. Used with weapons, guns, hand to hand, etc. Either it's what their military has devised into a MA or a Russian MA that has been fully integreated into a militarys operations. Or both.
It's just cool beans.

Latest Discussions