Colmbus OH Self-Defense oriented schools?

ksnider

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi :)

My husband and I moved to Columbus, Ohio a few months ago, and we've been trying to find a good school that focuses on realistic self-defense. We're pretty open about the actual style - we've considered Aikido, Hapkido, Tae Kwon Do, MMA - so long as it really teaches you techniques that would actually be useful for self defense, not just things that will get you a belt or win a tournament. We'd also like a school with a fairly intense class and an emphasis on respect. We have looked at practically every website for Columbus area martial arts, and visited a few likely-looking schools with no real success. Just about every website *says* that they teach self-defense, but it doesn't seem to be the focus of most schools in practice. :p Any recommendations? If it's any help, several years back we spent some time training with Master Eric Swan of Blue Hills Tae Kwon Do in Wisconsin, and loved it.

Thanks very much!

Kaitlin Snider

drewtoby

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Try looking at Central Ohio Martial Arts: I hear good things from there. You will probably want to take an adults only class, such as Hapkido.

Latest Discussions