Collar bone strikes?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
still learning said:
Hello, I read somewhere it only takes about 7lb of pressure to break a collar bone. Usually a hammer blow or chop.

A collar bone on its own, no muscles or tendons or other things, just the bone out of the body, 7lbs seems plausible.

But put a 7 pound weight across my shoulder and it's not going to break. It's going to take a really hard blow to break it, especially on someone who's in shape.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
lol - Pumped up is not a way I tend to get described, and there are two many pictures with me in then for me to try and pretend ;)

swiftpete

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I know when i broke mine I couldn't use my arm afterwards for anything at all. It hurt for ages after as well. It's also left me with a large lump on my left shoulder. Thankfully they look more even nowadays though as for a while my shoulders were a bit lopsided. Definitely painful and i wouldn't have been able to fight afterwards as I couldn't lift my arm.

I like the idea of a shuto slicing straight through one. Just thought of something, Imagine a double shuto instantly incapacitating both of someones arms in one go. That would be pretty cool, although probably not easy to pull off!

Latest Discussions